• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v14 softphone silent install

Status
Not open for further replies.

livn46

Reaction score
For some reason I'm having trouble installing the v14 softphone silently. About half of our users aren't on the domain, so I can't use GP, we always do installs using our RMM software, but when I do a normal quiet/norestart MSI install, it just fails. I went to a machine in person and used the same MSI and it installs fine when I double-click it and do it manually, but if I do "msiexec /i "softphone.msi" /quiet" it comes back with an error message that tells me "the installation package could not be opened, verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." Am I missing something, or does the MSI not work with the /quiet option? Can I get an exe from somewhere?

I've tried looking at the installation logs, and it doesn't seem to print anything to tell me why it's failing. This is all it has before it stops:
MSI (c) (90:6C) [16:14:34:503]: Machine policy value 'DisableUserInstalls' is 0
MSI (c) (90:6C) [16:14:34:520]: Note: 1: 1324 2: . 3: 1
MSI (c) (90:6C) [16:14:34:520]: MainEngineThread is returning 2
=== Verbose logging stopped: 3/10/2016 16:14:34 ===

I kept fiddling with it, and it started working eventually. Maybe before I wasn't waiting long enough before concluding that if failed: it seems to take awhile to install, sometimes with nothing visible happening in task manager. Anyways, it seems good now. Still at a loss as to why it gives that error message from the command line, though. Maybe I had a bad download, although it did it on several different ones... whatever...

Perhaps maybe the prereqs took longer than you might have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.