v14 SP2 Q-Manager and wall board

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sigmatek, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigmatek

Hi!

I have support managers threatening to switch to a different phone system because:

* The can no longer see an overview of what is going on in all queues
    * They can't see wall boards and the queues overview at the same time

To make matters worse, the caller column is no longer there. The information is now in the agent status column, but in order to see it, you have to expand the column width and that setting is not remembered. Each time you switch queue tabs you have to reset the column width.

The things we really need are:

* An ability to detach the tabs into separate windows or a flat view that shows all the detached tab contents at the same time.
    * The column widths must be remembered - preferably across sessions, but definitely when tabs are switched.

It would be very nice to be able to display multiple wall boards on different screens at the same time as being able to view the detailed queue status. At the very least though, one should be able to show a multiple wall boards on different screens. Having to have separate computers to drive wall boards for different queues is an unnecessary expense. Frankly, the earlier browser-based wall board approach was much more convenient.

A commitment from 3CX to, at least, seriously look into these issues would be helpful in saving the product.

regards,
    Alan.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In comparison with the old wallboard, can you just mention the problems you are facing only. Just discuss the wallboard only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigmatek

Hi!

I don't believe the problem is with the data or the way it is presented within the wall board. The problem is that they were not treating them as strictly physical wall boards in the past and are now being forced to.

With the web-based wall board before, they would open a few of them at the same time and tile them across a big screen or on multiple monitors at their desktop to have a summary of what was going on. They would also do that at the same time as having the detailed queue manager open on another monitor.

With the current arrangement, it appears one can only see ONE wall board OR the queue manager on any single computer. Therefore, in order to show 3 queues and a summary, one would need four monitors driven by 4 separate computers.

This seems an unnecessary expense for a genuine wall board and is impractical for use at one's desktop within a manager's office - from where a physical wall board may not be visible.

regards,
    Alan.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

So what is the exact problem.. Show the statistics of each queue separately?
    Can you create a dummy extension, add it as a manager of the queues you want to monitor, login and click on wallboard settings and enable all the queues you want?

All the stats will be added up. Will this work?

Maybe later in this mode, when we have multiple queues, we can add like a small widget that shows the stats of each queue in a small tile...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sigmatek

No, that does not work. If I have 3 queues: Reception, Tier 1 and Tier 2, I can currently choose to see any one of them or the sum of any combination of them, but I can't see Reception in one wall board window and Tier1 in another wall board window and Tier 2 in another wall board window at the same time, tiled across the screen.

That is, I can't see what is going on in each queue at the same time. Of course, if one can do this, then it would be useful to have the name of the queue shown in each window - perhaps instead of the "3CX Wallboard" tile.

The central issue is that I can only see one wall board at a time. I can choose what I want to see in it, but it is still only one view. I want to see a few wall boards on the screen at the same time. If there is a problem in one of the queues, I want to see it at a glance. I don't want to have to mess with the settings to turn off all the others and then mess with them again to get back to the previous view.

regards,
    Alan.

6. andy_vdg

I agree - even though the new wallboard looks nice I have the same issue.
    I don't want to see the aggregated numbers for all queues in one wallboard. I also don't just want to see a single queue's stats in one wallboard. I want to see all three queues in their own wallboard side by side the same way sigmatek would like to have it.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

There is a thread about Wallboard Customization over in the 'Ideas' which I would recommend you update with your feature requests seeing that this thread is focusing on things you would want to see in the new implementation of the Wallboard.

The link is: http://www.3cx.com/forums/v14-wallboard-customisation-43658.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.