V14 SP2 UI changes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datamerge, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Seriously 3CX developers, the UI changes are a shocking. I don't know anyone who is happy with the changes to the UI, especially as some important items seem to be missing.

I have started this thread so others can post what they have lost, or found so we can all access the changes in one place and hopefully get the important missing bits fixed ASAP. I am relatively new to 3CX, so I don't have as much memory of the old locations. I still think things are not placed as intuitively now at they were. Also, the documentation is not up to date, so we can't even find half the stuff from help.

My finds.

IP Blacklist is now in system status, number blacklist is in settings.
    Phone firmware is now under phones on the top menu
    Provisioning seems to be gone. This is a killer. There is no way to get the provisioning URL from the UI that I can see and other global provisioning settings are missing too.
    Parameters are now under troubleshooting. Why is an advanced setting under troubleshooting?
    Server activity and event log are now under troubleshooting tab. Why is a status screen under troubleshooting?
    Settings | general is now settings | PBX

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The changes have been well received and the interface is much more organized.

IP Blacklist is now in system status, number blacklist is in settings.

> Yes, so what? IP Black list is real time and information, number blacklist is a setting

Phone firmware is now under phones on the top menu
    > Yes, how is that shocking?

Provisioning seems to be gone. This is a killer. There is no way to get the provisioning URL from the UI that I can see and other global provisioning settings are missing too.

> Provisioning is not gone at all, its there as it was before.

Parameters are now under troubleshooting. Why is an advanced setting under troubleshooting?

>You shouldn't touch parameters unless you are troubleshooting, hence the location!

Server activity and event log are now under troubleshooting tab. Why is a status screen under troubleshooting?

> Its not a status screen, its a log to troubleshoot issues, hence the location.

Settings | general is now settings | PBX

> Yes, of course, those settings pertain to the PBX, hence the "shocking" name "PBX"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.