Solved V14 to V15 Upgrade failing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by doddy, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doddy

I have been running V14 for a long time without issue and wanted to wait until a few service packs before updating to V15. I backed up my V14, uninstalled and rebooted and then installed V15 restoring the V14 backup to complete the job. The PBX worked however the IVR will not start and I have tried everything to resolve the matter without success. What I have discovered is that lings in the settings page have not been ported correctly and url's such as https://xxxxxxxxxxx.3cx.co.uk:5001/ to start the management screen do have the /management in the url https://xxxxxxxxxxx.3cx.co.uk:5001/management which does not work, I have to remove the management to start the management screen. This has been a nightmare trying to find the problem so much so I have now had to revert to V14. I have tried everything on a 3CX troubleshooting link relating to Internal Server Error (500) and it has made no difference. I posted on another link and the answer was to do a clean install - this is not possible for me given the amount of configuration I would need to do. It strongly points to a problem impacting some of us when restoring V14 configs to a new V15 PBX. Has anyone else had a similar issue and how did you resolve it? Looking for some ideas before I try and go through the migration again. The error being thrown is below.

Any help would be much appreciated.

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: value

at System.String.StartsWith(String value)

at ConfigurationManagementModel.CountryExitCodeConverter.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.b__0(String c)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at ManagementConsoleJS.Controllers.InstallWizardController.GetInitialState()

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__28.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.d__18.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.d__4.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.d__3.MoveNext()

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

For the link not to be removed and /management remain leads me to believe that V14 was not correctly un-installed. Make sure your machine is up to date with windows updates. Check your E164 settings prior to creating a v14 backup. Create a backup of v14, un-install it, restart the server and make sure that it was un-installed correctly. Installed V15 (make sure you are using the latest installer) and try again.

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Could you please clear the cache (CTRL + F5) and let us know if problem still persists.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. doddy

Yiannish, I did all that, the E164 settings were good before backup and after restore, then only thing I did was uncheck the radio button and set them again with no changes. Server is 2008 R2 fully patched and the uninstall said it was successful and I always reboot after an uninstall in case of locked files needing to be cleaned up. Given I did everything you suggest, can you think of any other reason why these url's did not get corrected (/management was good for V14 and so would have been in the backup but should have been removed for V15. Also if this was not done correctly, are there any other links that may be of a similar area that could stop the IVR from running.

5. doddy

Sorry this problem was also posted under server error 500 as there was three issues in the end.

Problem is now fixed;

There were three problems;
    1. E164 does not upgrade properly on a V14 import and no changes to values required but if you uncheck E164 apply, recheck E164 and apply, that problem goes away - tested on two restores, both behaved identically.

2. URL's in the system parameters still carry the \management on the management url's - is not correct but does not seem to have a bearing on operational ability but changed by hand to make correct.

3. This was my biggest issue. IVR would not start having backed up V14, uninstalled 3CX, checked everything up to date, rebooted and installed V15 and restored V14 backup. I found the issue was that V14 was running on IIS and that uninstalling 3CX obviously left IIS intact and viable. I found that if I also uninstalled IIS before installing V15 and restoring the V14 backup, the IVR issue went away. I a now happily running on V15 with more servers to update! I have found this problem reproducible and so I would suggest anyone installing V15 after V14, ensure their old web server (in my case IIS) is uninstalled before you install V15. Thanks Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.