V14 - Use Tunnel when out of office - Setting is not persistent

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Ratcliffes, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratcliffes

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: iPhone
    Generation: 6s
    Firmware Version: 9.0.2
    Jailbreak: NO
    Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Phone
    Contacts: Exchange
    Connection: WiFi and 3G
    Server: Internal
    ==================================

Using the new app for 3cx v14.
    I can enable the inbuilt tunnel which works well.
    However, if the app is closed and the re-opened, the setting to "Use Tunnel when out of office" is no longer enabled. It appears not to persist. Is this a bug or is it deliberate behaviour. I can't think of any reason why a user would not want to enable the tunnel when out of office permanently but that doesn't appear to be possible. if it is required to be turned on and off regularly, why bury the setting so deep in the menu structure?

Thanks

Steve Ratcliffe

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Steve

I'm almost sure your profile has the "Re-provision at startup" option enabled. Assuming this is the case:
    - you change your profile to use tunnel; you exit the application; when you start it again, it will reprovision (download profile data) from the server, where the option is to not use the tunnel; the downloaded profile will override your setting, therefore the application apparently doesn't persistent save data and (still) use tunnel.
    - uncheck the "Re-provision at startup" option.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ratcliffes

Hi Vali,

You are absolutely right, my iPhone was set to re-provision on startup and turning that option off has allowed the phone to remember the setting for "Use Tunnel when out of office".

The iPhone was configured using the welcome email - Is there any way to set my profile on the PBX server so that when the welcome email is sent, re-provision on startup is not set? I can't find anywhere in the 3cx management interface where such setting can be made.

If this cannot be specified on the server I will have to ask all my users to make this change manually which will be unnecessarily difficult.

Thanks

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.