v14 vs v15 -- extension numbers starting with 0000 ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3cxUsers, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3cxUsers

In v14 I could just click “New Extension” and it would automatically go to the next number (i.e. 1007, 1008, etc)

Now I will have to click “New Extension” and manually change the extension, ID, etc from 0000 to 1007, 1008, etc

3CX confirmed that this is a FEATURE customers wanted and I will need to manually change the extension, ID, etc each time I create a new extension if not importing via a .CSV file

Any idea why 3CX thinks this is a benefit to have the customer do more steps ?

2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Maybe because of this which was raised 6 years ago:

This is a really bad bad idea.
    999 in the UK and Ireland is used for the Emergency services along with 112 in Europe. I understand that the states uses 911, but its not inconceivable that someone may mess up a route and dial the emergency services. In the UK/Ireland if you call 999 outside of an emergency it is considered a prank call, and could have serious consequences.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pact

pact New Member

Except in Australia '000' is the emergency number, so its illegal to have a phone system with an extension of 000.

So I would consider the current '000' extension option a bug, not a feature.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,
    Actually when you press add extension the management console will provide you with the first available extension. The only difference is now the range starts from 0000 instead of 1000. This is useful when migrating from other systems.

5. 3cxUsers

All the 3CX users I talked to agree, consider the current '000' extension option a bug, not a feature

When will 3CX change back or at least allow customers to pick the starting extension so if customers want to start with extension 1000 like they did in v14 they still can, allowing customers to click “New Extension” and it would automatically go to the next number (i.e. 1007, 1008, etc) ?

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

How system extension numbers like 700, specially 777, 888 and 999 can be changed ?
    Some users want to use those numbers as normal extensions.

7. 3cxUsers

When will 3CX change back or at least allow customers to pick the starting extension so if customers want to start with extension 1000 like they did in v14 they still can, allowing customers to click “New Extension” and it would automatically go to the next number (i.e. 1007, 1008, etc) ?

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't think 3CX is changing back in this regard but you could raise your request for allowing you to pick the starting extension as a feature request in the ideas part of the forum.

9. 3cxUsers

I just now posted to the "IDEAS" forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.