V14

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Hi

Running V14, with no issues (as yet). Just wondering when the Wallboard will be available. Upgraded without knowing it wasn't available in V14, hoping it will be available soon?

2. bell

Also the output CDR seems to have been removed in v14 so external call accounting doesn't appear to be possible anymore, is this correct?

3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Could someone please confirm CDR output on v14? This would hold us back from an upgrade as we rely on this.

Sounds like we need a change log for things removed in v14 from 12.x.

thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tim942

My custom templates did not transfer over well in my test, they changed the Provsubdir to Provlink which I had to go through and redo all of them with the new templates.
    Custom templates have been moved from the 'Templates' folder to the 'Provisioning\custom templates'.
    Choosing a single installation still creates the 'instance1' folder
    Adding or removing templates or backups manually does not reflect on the site immediately (need to log off and back on for me)
    They are trying to get away from an internal/external name and want you to just use one (sucks if you use a .local)
    The 3cx for windows and iPhone are not interchangable between versions.

Added:
    optimized layout
    access to recordings via management
    access to call reports via management
    access to backups via management

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

tim942 - if you use .local - can you not just add an internal dns entry for the 3cx server? That is what I do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bell

I already have an internal DNS for SBS Exchange pointing to another server so this is really annoying that that functionality has been removed.

7. tim942

Yes we could, but we had the best of both worlds before (where an internal desk phone would not connect insecurely if moved outside the network).

8. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Could someone confirm CDR export in V14?

thanks.

9. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Can not find CDR export in version 14

10. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Thanks for this info. 3CX Support any idea on if/when this feature will be making a return?

11. TCF

TCF

I'm wondering when the Wallboard will be available as well.

12. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

I cannot upgrade to v14 until CDR is added back. As I did not see any official change log on features removed in v14, below is what I have seen so far. Feel free to contribute. This may help others who are planning to upgrade and aren't aware.

Unofficial list of features removed in v14:

1. CDR output
    2. Wallboard
    3. Music on Hold Audio Service
    4. IIS only uses 80/443 (must use Abyss if legacy system uses 5000/5001)
    5. Call Control API
    6. (from tsukraw) Reports interface/Ability to grant users permissions to view reports.
    **Ability to view reports on demand. Reports now are required to be emailed out cant just view them.
    7. (from miko) ability to change the recording directory in Cloud edition
    8. Reports no longer on-demand (only via email)
    9. (from carolinainnovative) "support confirmed they changed the vm storage and transmission format. Unfortunately, that means the web gmail client in Chrome no longer plays them without downloading them first, and (at least) some android phones won't play them natively"

13. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Add to that list of removed features.
    Reports interface/Ability to grant users permissions to view reports.
    **Ability to view reports on demand. Reports now are required to be emailed out cant just view them.

Its funny, 3CX does have a official change log.
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/phone-system-change-log/

But the change log makes no reference to removed items. They really should list all the removed features so they are not discovered after a upgrade which then requires a downgrade.

14. miko

I just received the official line from support and they tell me CDR output is not a feature of v14 (nor is the ability to change the recording directory). Not sure what use this version is if we cannot bill the end-user. Very odd indeed.

15. PhatPanda

@Miko, it seems that the system allows you to change the directory for recordings, see screenshot, although I haven't tried to change it myself...

Attached Files:

16. miko

Hi

Thanks for the input.
    On my system this field is grayed out.
    This from 3CX support:

yes you are right as the recording path can not change on the Cloud Server edition and also the CDR outputs do not exist any more on the Cloud Server.
    Unfortunately we can not do anything of this as v14 is like this per design.

So you cannot get CDR's so cannot generate any billing on v14 and also cannot do any serious call archiving as the recording directory is pinned to the installation disk.

17. JonnyM

You could try and bodge it with an NTFS symlink but you'd need to thoroughly test that.

No CDR output on the cloud server designed for hosting is hilarious though.

18. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

3CX Support,

Is CDR planned on being added back?

thanks.

19. sean.suntelnetworks

Here are my v14 issues now... (As a certified partner/installer)

• Static IP during 3cx software install issue. If the static IP you use during install is not what will be used at for delivery for the client, you must do a backup, uninstall, reinstall, with the new IP and do a restore. To me, I have to say... FFS, why even have an editable STUN field it doesn't matter. Why is this a problem? External registered extensions that don't use the tunnel. No audio will pass through AT ALL without reinstall. Why is this an issue, we use it for 3CX for Windows users (and Mobile users, and remote testing) who have segregated data/voice networks that will not use static routes between routers (due to compliance etc)
    • The external leg ports show incorrectly in the Custom Parameters screen. Shows 60000 and 61000 sometimes, and other times 9000 - 9099 at other times, even though the Ports screen (under network) shows 9000-9255. WTF
    • The default url has changed and the web server does not REDIRECT to the correct URL. EXample: if you go to IP_FOR_3CX:5000, it is not functionally the same as IP_FOR_3CX:5000/management/MainForm.wgx In prior versions, it did not matter. Now it does. Sigh
    • Provisioning using 3CX own template for MULTICAST PAGE LISTEN FOR YEALINK PHONES NO LONGER WORKS This used to work fine in v12.5. Now it doesn't. Supports answer... "We don't support custom templates" ffs, its your own template. My suspicion is that the section is skipped altogether during the config file creation. (Confirmed. Their own template system puts the multicast paging info in y000000000029.cfg, but never in the y000000000028.cfg file).

20. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

SuntELneTworKS

I had the same issue with Multicast paging in 12.5 and what I did to solve it was move it to a different part of the template. It seems to compile better when moved further down in the file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.