V14SP2 - multiple SIP Trunks + Outbound Caller ID on Extensions?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Futureweb, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hello,

I hope someone can help me on how to configure this scenario:
    - we got several SIP Trunks (every SIP Trunk got it's own Phone Numbers)
    - dozens of Extensions

Outbound Caller ID is set within Extensions "Other" Tap . When I route an Outbound Call through a SIP Trunk which doesn't know the Outbound Caller ID which is set for the Extension I get an Error from the Trunk ...

So how can I set specific Outbound Caller ID for Extensions with several SIP Trunks?!? (We need to set different Outbound Caller IDs on Extension Layer as some show DIDs - other's not, ...)

Thx, bye from Austria
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you saying that the provider that you are routing over, is rejecting the call because you are trying to spoof the number (attempt to send a number not assigned to you, by them)?

If that is the case, then you may be out of luck. As far as I'm aware, and this has come up a number of times, you cannot change you outgoing caller ID, on an extension basis, based on the route taken, outbound rule used. It is set at either the extension, the trunk, or, defaults to the provider assigned number.

Some users have gotten around this by assigning a second extension key on some sets which is used for calls to some numbers (routes).

3. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

That's what I feared ... It would be really powerful to have a "beronet like" Dial-Plan (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/beronet-berofix-dial-plan) for "outbound Rules" and maybe also for "inbound rules" ... so one could flexible configure Call Routing with multiple SIP Trunks + distinct Caller IDs per Trunk per Extension, ... (simple regex style search/replace would be enough ...)
    One could simply modify Outbound Caller IDs for every SIP-Trunk and much more ...

Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.