• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V14SP2 - multiple SIP Trunks + Outbound Caller ID on Extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureweb

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope someone can help me on how to configure this scenario:
- we got several SIP Trunks (every SIP Trunk got it's own Phone Numbers)
- dozens of Extensions

Outbound Caller ID is set within Extensions "Other" Tap . When I route an Outbound Call through a SIP Trunk which doesn't know the Outbound Caller ID which is set for the Extension I get an Error from the Trunk ...

So how can I set specific Outbound Caller ID for Extensions with several SIP Trunks?!? (We need to set different Outbound Caller IDs on Extension Layer as some show DIDs - other's not, ...)

Thx, bye from Austria
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Futureweb said:
When I route an Outbound Call through a SIP Trunk which doesn't know the Outbound Caller ID which is set for the Extension I get an Error from the Trunk ...

Are you saying that the provider that you are routing over, is rejecting the call because you are trying to spoof the number (attempt to send a number not assigned to you, by them)?

If that is the case, then you may be out of luck. As far as I'm aware, and this has come up a number of times, you cannot change you outgoing caller ID, on an extension basis, based on the route taken, outbound rule used. It is set at either the extension, the trunk, or, defaults to the provider assigned number.

Some users have gotten around this by assigning a second extension key on some sets which is used for calls to some numbers (routes).

That's what I feared ... It would be really powerful to have a "beronet like" Dial-Plan (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/beronet-berofix-dial-plan) for "outbound Rules" and maybe also for "inbound rules" ... so one could flexible configure Call Routing with multiple SIP Trunks + distinct Caller IDs per Trunk per Extension, ... (simple regex style search/replace would be enough ...)
One could simply modify Outbound Caller IDs for every SIP-Trunk and much more ...

Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.