Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V14SP2 - ODBC Search

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Futureweb, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hi,

may I ask why 3CX is doing the ODBC Query only after Phone Pick-Up?
    Wouldn't it make sense to do the ODBC Query as soon the Call reaches 3CX?
    As the ODBC Query typically only takes about 0,00x Seconds - it wouldn't add any noticeable delay to the Call ...

Thx
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I think there was discussion about this when the feature came out. What was said back then was, that yes, in most of the setups the DB is somewhere local with a moderate amount of entries so indeed, it only takes 0.000x seconds.

But what happens if someone add a DB that has all the enormous amount of entries and is not local? I can't exactly remember the details, but there is no reliable way to ensure that a response will come and not knowing how long it will take would cause problems to other aspects of the software,

For that reason it was decided to work this way.

3. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

alright - this makes sense to me ...
    Altough one could have worked with (configureable?) Timeout ... if response from ODBC comes within 0,00x Seconds - use it - otherwise finish the Call without Information from ODBC and do it like it is working right now ... :)

Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.