V15 – Update 5 3CX Linux final, more Admin time savings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nb, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 nb, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2017
    dan_tx and YiannisH_3CX like this.
  2. Andy Kettle

Hi I've just been notified of an update on my system 15.0.62928.5 but I get an error when I try to update.

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

3cxpbx

E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes

Can you help?

Thanks

Andy

3. smario

smario Support Team

Hi Andy,

From the output I see that you probably don't have the repository key installed and this is why you have this problem. To resolve, open a linux Terminal on the PBX system and issue the following commands:

1. wget -O- http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3cxpbx/public.key | apt-key add -
    2. apt-get update
    3. apt-get upgrade 3cxpbx

The first command installs the key, the second command updates the repository information and lastly, the third command will upgrade your pbx to the latest release.

4. jem1

We updated our V15 SP4 Linux to SP5 and the website is tossing back a "502 Bad Gateway" from nginx.

5. Andy Kettle

That's worked a treat thank you.

smario likes this.
  6. smario

smario Support Team

Hi Jem1,

Have you received an email that the upgrade has completed?

7. jem1

No we have not, I was trying to find the logs but not able to determine where they are on the Linux version. It looks like the services were up.

8. Michael Menor

9. Sopock

Sopock Member

Extra item in change log:
    • Added support for FXS/Dect, Device Web Page Password. (Note: For already configured FXS/Dect an update of the configuration is required by editing FXS and Press OK through MC and
    • Reboot Device.)
    • Updated .NET core which addresses several fixes such as Memory leak in HTTP handler on resend, false exceptions in the logs and many more.
    Next beta should use daily builds?
    For even more current releases including daily builds you can visit the .NET Core tools GitHub repository.
    In this case no error if server is restarted. Couple hours later softphones can't use presence!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. smario

smario Support Team

During the update process several services are restarted and as such the Management Console is not accessible with the error message you are receiving. You will know that the update has completed because the configured admin email will receive an email with the update status.

If you are continuing to experience update problems please reach out to 3CX Support and we can further assist.

11. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Update to SP5 went well and everything seems to be working ok. We run under windows. One thing I noticed is that after the upgrade was complete (and email received saying complete) the "3cx phonesystem 01 FAX Server" service was set to "manual" or "disabled". I re-enabled and it started up ok. Is this normal?

Amazing number of updates/fixes in the changelog! Thank you for the hard work.

12. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@CentrexJ you dont need to enable FAX Server since in SP4 we moved FAX Service into 3CX IVR Service. So please stop this service and set it to back to disabled.

Thanks

13. jem1

Support reached out, turns out our remote monitoring agent Naverisk-agent was conflicting, the agent is not working anyhow so I am removing it, thanks!

14. Sopock

Sopock Member

Try to delete FAX service?
    Code:
        if (! DeleteService(schService) ) 
        {
            printf("DeleteService failed (%d)\n", GetLastError()); 
        }
        else printf("Service deleted successfully\n");

15. npereira@cbnco.com

Ok, upgraded my Windows to this SP5.

Im going to be setting up 2 new physical servers for my HA Failover environment which will replace this Windows VM version. Is Linux ready for Prime Time Productions?

16. teldata1

New update is working great. Any idea when W52P and W56P SBC/STUN support will be added?

17. tratz

tratz New Member

Any instructions yet on the wake up call functionality of the IVR service? I looked at the help docs for IVR but it wasn't listed there yet.

--Tracy

18. teldata1

Figured it out! It's in the FXS/DECT menu when you add a new phone.

19. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

If you create a new Digital Receptionist there is a checkbox at the bottom "Wake-up Call IVR Service". I made one to test. If you check the box and save the DR and then call it, it is the extension that you want rooms to call in to schedule their wake up. When it calls the person back for the wake-up it will play the WAV file stored on this DR (instead of a separate DR like previous versions of the hotel module). I'm not sure where to check to see what wake ups are configured or how to add one through the management console though. Perhaps this is coming later?

20. engin411

engin411 New Member

Installing SP5 sank my server for incoming calls. No incoming calls. On my cell phone calling our main DID, I get a "your call cannot be completed" error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.