v15.0.23 - Can't answer with bluetooth button

Discussion in 'Android' started by DavidAU, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidAU

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S6
    Firmware Version: 6.0.1

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Connection: Happens over both WiFi and 3G
    Bluetooth headset: JabraTalk

The issue we are experiencing is that when a call comes in via the 3CX Android client either via push or with the app open, the button on the bluetooth headset does not answer the call. The button will answer normal cellular calls, just not ones which come in via the 3CX Android client.

2. storm

Device Info
    --------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Sony Xperia Z5 (E6653)
    Firmware version: 6.0.1

Issue Info
    --------------------------------------------
    Connection: both wifi and 3g
    headset: jabra clipper bluetooth

i have the same issue as DavidAU above. incoming call cannot be answered with the headset button. button works for normal calls, messenger calls, viber calls, but not for 3cx client.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did this function work using the previous 3CX phone version?

4. storm

I can't tell, this is the first version i installed, it's a communication suite now at my workplace

5. DavidAU

We have not commonly used the Android 3CX client with bluetooth so we do not know if it was an issue with previous versions or not.

6. WolfgangOne

I and a colleague both see this happening on 3CX for Android 15.1.41.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

While Bluetooth headset support exists for Windows/Mac/iOS, the Android client currently has none. This is something we eventually plan to change and hopefully provide full support for as many headsets as possible for the Android Client and further improvements for all 3CX Client apps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

To clarify better, the only function not supported on Android devices is the actual answer/reject button. We are currently working on adding support for this. A working version of the Android client with this feature could be expected in the future.

#8 LeonidasG, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  9. Łukasz R.

Hmm... I would beg the differ.

Bluetooth support is extremely buggy as it seems on my devices (OnePlus 3T, Samsung S8, Samsung Tab S T-705). I can't answer the call as mentioned above, but also switching between sources works not as expected. For example, if I do listen to music or podcasts on my phone and 3CX is calling, I can answer the call and one of 3 I will hear the conversation while the music in the background is still playing, but I won't' hear it. After a finished call, the music will not get back – I will have to "push" the button on my headphones to get back to it. Don't get how, but it seems rather wrong. Especially in comparison to GS Wave or other apps I've been using...

10. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

-This thread is about answering via your bluetooth button does not work. This is clear and i can confirm this is the case.
    -What you are describing is something else that is related to pausing all other audio activity (e.g music) when a call comes in. You're saying this part doesn't work? We'll look into it, but please confirm this is what you're saying.

11. Łukasz R.

Maybe. But you made it general when you wrote that all other features of BT support work flawlessly. Surprisingly, I cannot confirm that. Quite the opposite to that.

What I am describing is what I would expect from all phone apps, including built-in ones. Pausing audio, switching sources, etc. Don't know how it works, but except 3CX Phone app, all seem to cover this well. On top of that the app looks like back in 2007 - basic Android. It gives a feeling that a lot of features were not updated, including BT support. But maybe it's just a feeling...

12. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

-On Android, it's expected that answering a phone call or dropping one via the button on your bluetooth headset should not work. To give you a better perspective on this, no other application out there supports this function. None. Not Skype, not Facebook, not Whatsapp, not Viber, nothing.

-In regards to the other issue about audio sources, music etc, we've done some internal tests with various phones and see that everything works fine for us. If you have any issues with this, please clearly write them out in a manner that would help us reproduce and fix them if there are any.

Keep in mind that the Android application like all of our products are under constant development. If there are any features you feel are not updated, please list them and we'l see what can be done.

13. Łukasz R.

Wow, that's the first. Maybe if you will list here all apps that are not phone replacement you can prove that point. As far as I can say using call.center, GS Wave, Zoiper, Bria and built-in Android SIP client will do exactly that. I don't care about Facebook Messanger because that app is not a phone app. Neither is Whatsapp, but I can answer a call in that app via Bluetooth actually. Viber - can't say, never used it.

I stand corrected. The music playback is pausing. But, for some reason, the headphones are not playing that source after a finished phone call. Don't know why. Tested on OnePlus 3T and three different Bluetooth headphones - Creative Outlier Sports, Bose QC35, Bragi Dash. All three had the same issue for me. Maybe it's the phone, but I do not want to test it with my tablet as 3CX phone app doesn't have tablet layout...

Another problem - with Bose headphones the music playback will stop but I won't hear the conversation either via headphones or internal speaker. Just nowhere. If I will push speakerphone it will work, but not on internal speaker or BT. And pushing a button on the headphones will play music while still being in the conversation.

Really? Sometimes one can be confused. Constant development and yet the look and feel of the app is like back to 2007 and first Android apps. If you do develop it all the time, maybe a significant refresh would be a good thing as the UI feels outdated. Material design would be awesome to have here. And with that feel come doubts that someone is maintaining it, fixing issues. Sorry, maybe I feel sour here, but I run a remote-only business, and all of my employees use Android or iOS phones for operations. So for us Android app is somewhat crucial...

#13 Łukasz R., Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.