v15.0.23 Issues with Push

Discussion in 'Android' started by hwong, Feb 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwong

Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
    Connection: 4G Wifi
    Server: v14

We are not exactly sure when it started but our Androids are not waking up to receive calls. It will work only once after deleting and re-adding the account to the app. After that it is nothing but missed calls. Calls are received if the app is left running.

2. hwong

I forgot to add I did check the 3CXDialer.logs and I did not see an unauthorized response from the GCM

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @hwong

In the dialer log do you see ok ok after a push attempt? Check your battery saving settings and exclude the 3CX client from battery optimisation. Also make sure that notification settings are allowed.

4. hwong

Yes, we are getting "OK OK" and 3CX client is not enabled for battery optimization and notifications are allowed.

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

That means that the 3CX PBX is sending the PUSH message and gets a OK response from the google servers. Try a different phone with the same account and see if that works

6. hwong

So far it is happening on my phone (S7 Edge) and the user that reported the issue (S7)

7. hwong

Just checked and same issue in iOS

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

For IOS it is different as the certificate expired and you need to replace it. Please follow the guide to replace it. Once you do and the services have been restarted send a new welcome email to the ios devices and try again.
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/v14-ios-client-push-certificate/
    For google push since the server is sending the Push ok try a different device to see if the issue exists there also

9. hwong

Updated my S7 Edge on Verizon to Nougat just now and calls are now coming through but there is a significant delay. The S& edge will only ring once before the timeout to voicemail occurs.

Side note - it appears that the 3CX app in iOS has disappeared from the background app refresh settings which may explain why my colleague is having the same issue on his iPhone. Just a guess a though.

10. hwong

Sorry - didn't see your post YiannisH. I sent the link for the iOS cert to my colleague. As far as the Android issue, it's not just me on my device. There is another user on an S7 that is having the same issue. We are updating his phone to Nougat now to see if that works.

11. 9009

I am having a similar problem with my Android 3CX Client. Using the latest v15.

PUSH does not work. GCM response: Unauthorized.

I have checked and rechecked, installed and reinstalled API key, etc., and it is done correctly.
    3CX client is excluded from battery optimization.
    Notification settings are allowed.

It only works if no IP address is used with API key, but that would leave it open to an unauthorized use.

What could be the problem here? Any help would be appreciated.

12. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @9009

We have seen this before that some installations work if no IP is specified. For me (and most installations) it does not work if i leave none, and i always have to use an IP address. If it works with no IP then leave it as is. You should be the only that has access to your project and know the key and project ID so unauthorised access should not be an issue.

13. 9009

Thank you for the reply. For now, I have it working without the IP. However, without an IP the caller's name does not show, only their number shows on an incoming call. For example, if a call comes from our extension 100 that is assigned to XYZ, only 100 shows. But, when using PUSH with IP and having the 3CX Client manually on, when the same call comes in, I see the name XYZ and the extension 100.

I see that this issue is not unique to me, others are experiencing the same issue. Hopefully someone can find a solution for it.

14. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Your issue is not related to the fact that you are not using an IP address for the push project. The issue is that the push message is limited in capacity and the caller name is not displayed but when the client is running and registered it is receiving a normal invite with all info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.