Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V15.1.41 softphone provisioning template port incorrect (No Presence Internally)

Discussion in 'Android' started by wes1007, Sep 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wes1007

I Have noticed that when our cellphones are on the local network the softphone shows disconnected but on hook (no presance info). However when running via the 3cx tunnel all information is displayed.

Upon further investigation with Wireshark i noticed that the softphone is trying to get presence information over port 80. after running a netstat -a on the 3cx server i notice that port 80 isnt even listening. port 5000-5001 is though. Changing the "Local PBX Address" on the softphone to <ipaddress>:5001 works but because all the softphones re provision when rebooted the settings get lost. Is there anyway to fix this issue on the provisioning template?

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung S7 Edge
    Softphone Version: 15.1.41

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Phone
    Connection: WiFi
    Server: Internal

2. wes1007

a bit more details. 3cx is installed on a vm running server 2016 with 3cx V15.5.5 Standard Edition

3. Marios Neophytou

Marios Neophytou Support Team

Hello,

Did you try to run the firewall checker on the PBX to see if one of the mandatory ports are blocked?

Thank you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wes1007

it wont be something blocking the port as running "netstat -ano" in powershall on the server hosting 3CX reports that port 80 isnt even listening. It seems to me that 3CX isnt actually using port 80 and only port 5000 and 5001.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

HTTP is port 5000 and HTTPS on port 5001.
    From the absolute same network that your mobile devices is connected, can you perform a telnet connection to your PBX's port 5000 and 5001?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. wes1007

mobile device is on the same network as the PBX. Port 5000 and 5001 seems to connect when i use telnet. port 80 does not which reflects what i saw when running netstat -ano

mobile device is provisioned with the provisioning file sent with the welcome email seems to make the soft phone attempt to connect on port 80. i have verified this by running a packet capture on the server running 3cx.

if i connect from outside the network over the tunnel(ie over 3g or an external conenction) my presance information works correctly.

if i change the Local PBX IP under server settings on the 3cx softphone for android to 192.168.42.10:5000 or 192.168.42.10:5001 i get my presence information when on the same network as the PBX
    if i leave the default provisioned settings and connect on the same network as the PBX i get no presence info

7. wes1007

Packet Capture results filtered to only the cellphone (192.168.42.50) and the PBX (192.168.42.10)

https://imgur.com/a/eGSuN

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

On the PBX, if you scroll through the parameters section, you will see a number of entries that have _LINK in them, such as MYPHONE_LINK_LOCAL or MANAGEMENT_LINK_LOCAL. Those should all have the correct ports after the IP./URL info. In most cases it will be either 5000 or 5001. Look for a missing port, or perhaps "80". Do a back-up before making any changes, and document what you change in the event it causes other issues.

There may have been a settings error, when 3CX was first installed, that is being passed on in the provisioning templates.

9. wes1007

Interesting.Those are all showing port 5000, or port 5001 for sec. Yet when the phones are provisioned they still try connect over port 80 and not port 5000/5001

10. wes1007

Aaah wait they are connecting to the wrong ip though...

11. wes1007

alight problem solved. I went and searched for the wrong IP under parameters and updated all of them to the new IP. It seems to work fine now.

However i now have a newish issue. I need to change the default codecs for all provisioned phones to a specific codec. the only way i can see this being done so far is by changing it on each extension manually. as 3cx softphone clients dont have a template...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.