• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V15.1.90 Client rings while already in phonecall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Richardson

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,

When I am on another call (normal phone call), it's still possible for the 3CX to ring, and if I answer it, I end up talking to both people at the same time (but they can't hear each other). What's the solution to this?

See attached image screenshot from phone - you can see up the top there are two phone icons, one is the normal phonecall I was on and the second is 3CX and this screen just popped up right over the top of my call.

If I'm on another call, 3CX needs to send any new calls to voicemail or whatever it is set to for the particular extension, not try to override my existing phonecall.

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: [HTC U Ultra] (also happened on my previous HTC One M9)
Firmware Version: [Android 7.0 1.62.710.2]

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: [Phone]
Contacts: [Local]
Connection: [WiFi|3G]
Server: [Internal|External]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170918-135812.png
    Screenshot_20170918-135812.png
    96 KB · Views: 9
Hello @Peter Richardson,

Did you answered a GSM call while you were on a SIP call? If it is like this then you should put GSM call on Hold so you can talk on a SIP call. That's how it works for now. This will improved in the future releases.

Thank you

I was on a GSM call first. Then I called my mobile phone's SIP client. It should not even ring on my mobile sip client, it should just divert to voicemail.

We'll look into it and see what can be done.
If this is found to be true and it's an actual bug, we'l perform a fix for this in a future release.

-After looking into this, this is not a bug but intended functionality which was implemented since 15.41, not in 15.1.90 as claimed.

-After performing internal tests we see that your existing phone call is not affected or overridden or blocked in any way as you claim. Android users have full control over their calls, you can drop, answer or send the call to voice mail. If you answer it, you can manage your calls via the Android's top dropdown bar by selecting either the 3CX Call or your native GSM call.

If you answer it, you end up talking to two people at once. (but they can't hear each other). So that's no good.

How do we set it to automatically go to voicemail if we're already on another call?

Hello,

We have the problem too, it's pretty annoying.

@Marios Neophytou
@LeonidasG

When the sip client rings and you're already on a GSM call, you can't put the GSM call on hold because the SIP client is persistant while it is ringing. You would either have to block the incoming call, put the GSM call on hold and then call the person back on the SIP client, or else you would have to answer the SIP call (and the GSM caller would be able to hear this) and then switch back to the GSM call to put them on hold. I don't belive that this is INTENDED functionality. It should either block or send the second incoming call to voicemail. When will this be fixed?

And @LeonidasG it is 15.1.90 - refer to screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171005-160021.png
    Screenshot_20171005-160021.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Seems to fix the In Call issue, but now app does not seem to answer when in the background. or if phone screen times out.

@Marios Neophytou

Thanks for that. I have registered and installed the update. This did not fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.