v15 - 3CXPhone provisioning files, put them back in folder

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlexHeylin, Jan 16, 2017.

v15 - 3CXPhone provisioning files, put them back in folder 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. AlexHeylin

We have a script that uses those files to automate 3CXPhone configuration for larger softphone deployments. In 15 it is no longer possible because the files have been removed from the file system. Please bring them back - or some other means of automatically configuring 3CXPhone on Windows clients.

jfletcher likes this.
  2. AlexHeylin

Likewise - removing the files prevents using TFTP for phones. "Security" is not majorly enhanced by this change - the DB is also on the disk along with the authentication info to access it... if unauthorised people accessing the filesystem is your concern - worry about the DB (or the backup file) with everything in, not the provisioning files.

3. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

This has been an issue for us as well. There is a low security work around however (credit Jakub):

Jakub

Hi,
    we were using automation for deploying 3cx clients as well – in our case powershell script delivered to user at logon by GPO.
    You can get the config file in v15 as well, the key is to know the the name of 3CX config file for each extension. You can get that info from 3CX db, table dnprop.
    As soon as you know the name of config file, you can download it using url similar to:
    https://fqdn.ofyourinstallation.tld/provisioning/xxxxxxxxx/name_of_configfile.xml.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    telis likes this.
  4. dkeethler

Yes! This would really help with troubleshooting! Where's the "thumbs up" icon to add a vote to this idea?

5. Lewis Burgess

I would like to achieve the same thing. Are you willing to share your Powershell script which I can adapt for our environment?

How do you decide which extension provisioning file to pull down for the relevant user?

Thanks.

6. tys-b

I think 3cx should provide a bit more support and information to automaticaly deploy 3cx phone and profile in large enverionment.
    Now we have to build scripts and dirty hacks to get things done.

Lewis Burgess likes this.
  7. jfletcher

I'm with you on this...