Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V15.5 Configure Softphone without email?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rhollingsead@fabricimages.com, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhollingsead@fabricimages.com

Right now my phone system is having issues sending emails and I cannot change the email server settings. I need to set up the 3CX softphone client but it requires the configuration file from the email. Is there somewhere I can get this without the email? I need to get these configured, today!

Thanks,

-Ryan

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rhollingsead@fabricimages.com

I thought I read you couldn't use the old version with 15.5. But just tried one and it works. Thanks!

4. Sopock

Sopock Member

@Donovan_SouthTech
    This indicates to us that there's an issue with the Windows client checking the USER AGENT on the 3CX PBX Server and failing because it thinks the client is out of date.

Surprisingly, server will allow unsupported version.:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We're talking about two different products here:

3CXPhone6 (the one we discontinued about five years ago) was/is a generic SIP phone, able to work with any SIP-compliant VoiP provider or PBX (including 3CX); we also had similiar clients for Android and iOS.

Then, starting with 3CXPhoneSystem 11-12, these clients were discontinued and were "branched" as different, 3CX-bound phones, working alongside Call Assistant (later MyPhone). To ensure designed functionality, these clients are the ones checking for PBX user-agent, not the 3CXPhoneSystem. 3CXPhoneSystem PBX continues to work with any SIP-compatible phone - 3CX, Snom, Yealink, Counterpath, Acrobits, Grandstream; it performs client's user-agent checking only for the non-sip, 3CX-specific functionality, like MyPhone and push notifications.

Hope it's clear now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.