• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v15.5 FTP Backup Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knarin

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a few issues getting one of my client's PBX to backup to FTP correctly.

When the scheduled backup runs I get the following error:

3CX Phone System tried to backup but failed due to the following reason(s):
System.IO.IOException: The file exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Path.InternalGetTempFileName(Boolean checkHost)
at _3cxNetBackupAndRestore._3cxBackup.StartBackup(Stream backupStream)
at _3cxBackupRestoreImpl.BackupRestoreUtils.Backup(IFilesystem filesystem, String instanceId, String cfgPath, String dbConnectionString, BackupConfig options, String fullpathFilename, Boolean sendEmail)
at BackupRestoreSchedule.BackupJob.Execute(IJobExecutionContext context)

When I run a manual backup it will create the file on the FTP server but it will have a file size of 0kb.

I have several other clients backing up successfully to the same FTP (with the same user credentials) and am able to connect to/write to the FTP from the client's PBX machine though a third party FTP app. This leads me to believe it is not related to any networking/permissions issue between the PBX and the FTP.

Local backups complete successfully too.

Does anyone have an ideas on what the issue could be or could point me on a helpful troubleshooting path? My Googlefu has turned up no results.

Thanks!

I have studied this and it appears to be a bug. There was a bug in version 15 whereby the initial connection was made to the ftp server and then the backup file was created in /tmp. If the time taken to create this file was greater than the timeout of the server, when the file was ready, the server would have timed out and the backup failed. It seems the fix 3CX employed was to start transferring the file while it is still being created. This invariably fails. I have brought it up on another thread previously and it didn't go anywhere, so I just switched to Google Drive, which is not ideal, but I have a backup.

Reactions: Knarin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.