Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V15.5 is Near. Get your Hands on the Release Candidate

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bianca, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bianca

3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

#1 Bianca, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. jakub@bodleid.is

Hi,
    change log says:
    "Added visual feedback when uploading VAD projects."

Is VAD ready? Can we start using it now for v15.5 RC?

3. clarityscg

We updated a Debian system to Ver 15.5 RC this morning to the RC - we are using it in production at one of our smaller offices. The update did require using "get app" command via SSH. This went very smooth!

Where is the VAD located, I cannot find it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We are going to release a build this week. Wait for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    edossantos likes this.
  5. biba

A known isssue for Linux is that multiple calls are not received by agents in queue or in ring groups has this been fixed? If not please fix it before final release.

6. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Biba, have you set the ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP parameter?

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Correct that is the parameter. Allowbusyoptforgroups

8. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

I'm on v 15.0 and currently just see on the update page an update available to the Beta, not the RC. Is it required to update to the Beta to be able to update to the RC or can you go directly to it via the update page within the console? I'm aware I could download RC, backup settings, uninstall, reinstall, restore settings, but prefer the one click update provided by the console.

Shown on the console update page______

Beta New BETA Update Available Out Of Date 15.0.62928.5 15.5.715.6 New BETA Update Available Version 15.5 Build 715

Latest version (RC) is 15.5.1136.6

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Yes. You must upgrade in order as you do with LIVE PRODUCTION Service Packs.

10. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Oh the update is so nice... I just wish Grandstream would be more supported. But they say they will not be doing a Firmware with uaCSTA.
    I can not get approval to buy new supported phones with the hopes that someone will buy my Grandstreams.

11. davi807

Hi Nicky,

Great to see the 15.5 RC, however I note that there's still an issue when trying to select a specific handset or softphone where you have multiple handsets of the same model and firmware on the same extension. The same applies for multiple softphones on the same extension.

As an example, I work from (2) different physical locations.
    At each location I have a T46G and a PC with the 3cx softphone installed.

As shown in the below picture, in the webclient there's no way of deciphering the locations and similarly, there's no ability to select just one or the other - you can only ever select BOTH handsets.

This is problematic as I only want to use (1) of them at a time. The same applies to the softphone selection.

Without the webclient being able to make the distinction between multiple identical devices and the further ability to select just one device, this feature is of little use to many of our users.

Thanks, David

PS - I have already factory reset these devices as previously suggested.

upload_2017-5-25_8-20-43.png

craigreilly likes this.
  12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Very true - we will discuss this internally and see what we can do.

13. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

When can be expected '302 diversion header' forwarding feature to be available again ?
    Many corporate customers asking for it and lack of it prevents upgrading to V15 / 15.5.

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The RC for now is declared as a beta update (So it is not auto installed). It is classified as a beta but it is a release candidate as the description says.
    You can update via the management console.

15. Schrodz

Schrodz New Member

I dont have the option to update via the management console.... You say the VAD is this week?

16. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What version do you have on the dashboard? You should have a new available update. beta update.
    Vad yes this week or early next week. Actually it's not vad anymore but "3CX Call Flow Designer". Bear with us a little longer.

17. Schrodz

Schrodz New Member

Hopefully you do it this week as that is all we are waiting for until we purchase a 64sc licence....Sorted the update, was just having a moment!

18. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I accidentally downloaded the beta 3CX Windows client in a production environment. I do not want this installed on workstations. I've deleted C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone\3CXPhoneWindowsUpdate.zip on the server, but the dashboard does not update to show the Windows client available again. How do I de-authorize a download?

Maybe we need a checkbox on the Updates screen or a 0/1 switch in Parameters "Show Beta software", unchecked by default. Easy beta testing is great but it's too easy to see those red numbers bubbles in the header and think you need to fix that notification...

#18 mcbsys, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
  19. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The update of the client is final. It will not change.
    What is the problem? Why you want to revert the clients?

20. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Note about this parameter

ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP works on Windows and Linux. Parameter is an experimental parameter which will cause issues in reporting
    Applies to Ring Groups only - go to the parameter table and set it to 1
    Set extension to accept more than 1 call (configured from Extension Properties, Forwarding Rules.
    Enable "Accept calls from Ring Group".
    Restart SIP Server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.