V15.5, Update 4 BETA: Voicemail to text transcription, queue ringtones and more…

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bianca, Mar 21, 2018.

1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    jed, Nick Galea and LeonidasG like this.
  2. tratz

tratz New Member

We have multiple page groups. Looking at the video can the phones be in multiple page groups? We normally have one building wide and some that are department specific. Will there be a way to add in multiple mulitpage groups as most supported phones can handle at least 4 or 5. Also is the technical reason why the multicast is disabled for SBC is that the SBC uses multicast for PNP of the phones and that they interfere?

--Tracy

#2 tratz, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  3. plochu

Voicemail Transcription is great feature but I'm slightly confused now...

I'm using Google Cloud to host instances (but I can move them to AWS).
    To use Text2Speech in CFD I use AWS Polly (can't use other engine).
    Now to use Voicemail Transcription I will need Microsoft Azure (can't use other engine).

It starts to look very complicated.
    Why don't use all engines from AWS - Amazon Polly for t2s and Amazon LEX for s2t?

Regards

craigreilly likes this.
  4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Amazing Update!
    I'm eagerly trying to use the transcription feature. I created the Bing Speech API key and copied it into 3CX as per the documentation. I also waited over 10 minutes because on the Azure site where it shows the keys it says they may not work for up to 10 minutes. When I receive a voicemail to email it looks like it did before but it has a line "Transcription:" but no transcription after. Speech Language set to "English (United States)" and even tried restarting the 3CX services. Also tried "English (Canada)" but switched to US when testing didn't work because I figured that would be more likely to work.

The phone provisioning options get better and better -- thank you. However, for it to be truly useful for large deployments we need to be able to do multi extension edits and global system defaults would also be awesome. For the small sites it's not too bad to go extension to extension and set the settings. But for large sites it's too much work and prone to human error.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iron

Anyone know if the VM to text API method (not the email part of the method) is HIPAA compliant?

6. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

7. poynter.net

Will SIP TLS, SRTP and TLS provisioning be in the final SP4 release?

8. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

9. danimal

Why can't standard license users have Voicemail to text? Would be nice...i'd even pay an additional fee. Thanks.

10. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

$50 a month additional for 8 concurrent users and you get this and more!

11. ivank

3CX Support

The speech is sent to Bing Service via Secure WebSocket channel, if that's what bothering you. So is the answer received.

12. ivank

3CX Support

Could you please set logs to Verbose, restart 3CX System Service, record a voicemail and send zipped 3cxSystemService.log to me in a PM?

13. DARSFoG

Question/Suggestion...

I like how you added the ability to change ring tones for the Queue, Could an option be made to allow you to choose the External and Internal ring tones as well? I know you have the "Configure default ringtone" (at least on the yealink template) but that only effects internal calls and by default, the Ring1 (long standard ring) is set for internal and Ring2 (two short standard rings) are set for External. A lot of my clients like to have them switched.

EDIT: And to those asking about HIPAA Compliance. According to Microsoft, it should be.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/Compliance/HIPAA

#13 DARSFoG, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    craigreilly likes this.
  14. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This is possible. Use your keys as you would in Excel to select multiple records, then select EDIT.

15. craigreilly

Agree here. Folks change the ring tones - but then tell me its not working properly. They dont realize it doesn't affect both. (using Grandstream)

16. craigreilly

My voicemails on my iPhone are pretty amusing too and lots of _____ for unknown stuttering and annunciations. Maybe someday they will be perfect. But for the most part, I get the gist of what they are trying to say.

17. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Multi extension edits, yes, but not to edit the provisioning options of the supported phones (e.g. date format, time format, ringtone, power led, backlight, paging).

craigreilly likes this.
  18. craigreilly

Dear 3cx,
    Can you also Allow us to select a Ring Group / Paging Group when provisioning a BLF?
    Keep us the great work.

19. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

Dashboard, PBX Status, phones is red on my test server. "You are using Unsupported phones or phones with custom templates which may cause issues."

Connected test phones are all up to date and supported. After some digging, I found I had tested a conference phone with a custom template and never deleted it. I'm thinking maybe have the indicator only relate to connected phones and not extensions, or/also have the informational warning possibly list extensions with the violation so we're not looking for a needle in a haystack.

20. techclarity

Voicemail transcription is awesome! Been waiting for this feature!