v15.5 upgrade mass template changes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by i3, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i3

i3

We have done a few v14 to v15.5 upgrades and all goes well. Most of the systems have been between 5-10 extensions. I normally take a backup of the current system, uninstall, install the new system and restore the backup. At that point, I am left with the new system, and all phones currently using the older (custom) template. I then find myself having to open each extension > phone provisioning, copy the mac, delete the current phone, click on add, find the new template, paste the mac and apply. Then re-provision the phone.

Is there an easier way to get a large quantity of phones to a new template post v15.5 upgrade rather than doing it phone by phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. techclarity

I would be curious about this process as well. We have some v14/15 that we need to upgrade that have custom templates that we can now use the default templates, but do not really want to have to go through the manual process such as you outline.

neville likes this.
  3. neville

neville New Member

The only way to do it is manual as far as I know. I just take a screen shot of the phones screen, have someone factory default and add it back in. It goes pretty fast. I did 55 phone this way yesterday in a couple of hours.

techclarity likes this.
  4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Unfortunately in 15.5 you can not change the template when the phone has been setup

As you have found out, you have to delete the phone setup and provision the phone with the correct template

techclarity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.