v15 Allow max voicemail length to be changed

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlexHeylin, Aug 2, 2016.

v15 Allow max voicemail length to be changed 5 5 8votes
5/5, 8 votes

1. AlexHeylin

We have a number of clients who require voicemails longer than the hard-coded limit of 120 seconds. We should be able to change this, even if via a hack as we could before.

JasonNadeau likes this.
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolutely. This is a must-have feature. I have 3 on-premise systems off the top of my head that will not be upgrading until this setting can be changed.

3. Internetek

This is a problem for me as well. I didn't know they took out the ability to record longer than 120 seconds until after I upgraded. It's common for people in my industry to leave very long and technical voicemails.

4. oakley

Yet another example of a developer thinking they know best! I am amazed that features that are being used by customers are just taken away or changed with a so called upgrade. All upgraded need to keep previous feature and either enhance them or replace them but allow the user to revert if required. This is a pain for developers but is an absolute must to keep users happy. 3CX are not the only company to fall foul of this error. When will the developers realise users want consitency?

5. Paul Omans

I agree with this. I have a few clients that would benefit from the ability to leave long and detailed voicemail messages. I do not see how having this as a setting (even if it's in the backend and not in the UI) would cause any issues, other than running out of RAM to hold the voicemail message before it is written to the hard disk.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yup, same here. The worst part is that after the timeout, it doesn't leave the first 2 minutes of the message in the persons mailbox, the person leaving the message now needs to confirm they want to send the first 2 minutes of their message.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. ivank

3CX Support

Hello guys, have you tried setting "MAXVOICEMAILDURATION" parameter? If it's not present, add it. Set value to the desired VM message size in seconds.

Paul Omans likes this.
  8. Paul Omans