V15 and new user, some issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zan5hin, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zan5hin

Hi, I am new to 3CX and have some issues I am hoping someone can assist.

I have no problem getting a connection to the extension via softphone when I am on the same LAN as the 3CX server, however I am having issues for remote users.

On my TP-Link Archer D9 Router, I have gone to NAT Forwarding -> Virtual Servers and opened the following ports:
    9000-9500 UDP
    5060-5061 TCP and UDP
    5090 TCP and UDP

Am I missing something?

I cannot add a SIP Provider that are not listed on the 3CX website. The ones that are listed in Australia have pretty expensive rates, so I used the Worldwide provider called DIDLogic and that is working fine. However when I try to add a second SIP Trunk a generic VoIP provider is says "Feature not available in the 3CX PBX Edition". (Does not mention the word Free)

Is this a limitation of the free version, that you can only use the listed SIP providers?

I cannot get recordings to work. I looked at the path for the recordings and noticed one of the \ symbols for the directory was backwards, it was / so I was worried about that. I created a new folder called C:\3CX and set that as the new recording path, however it is still not recording.

I also made sure that "Record all calls" is ticked under the options for each Extension.

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

the "free/pbx" version is limited to 1 Trunk.
    perhaps same issue for recordings.

as far as remote extensions - tick box to allow specific extension from WAN?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Commercial Editions

Comparison :!:

Maybe they can reorder some categories on that page?
    • IP Phone Management
    • Mobility
    • Web Conferencing
    • Application Integration
    • Call Center / Contact Center

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zan5hin

OK thanks for the response! I should have looked at that.

Is the 30 day trial a full-featured trial so I can try the recording and CRM integration features?

Any tips on the network config so that I can get it working properly?

Thanks

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

There is no 30 day trial with all features i am afraid. The trial (Free) is the PBX edition.

Regarding the remote extensions, have you passed the firewall check test? May be something is miss-configured
    When you say remote extensions what type of extensions are these? Softphones or IP phones?
    Are you using smartphones?

6. zan5hin

The dashboard says firewall test is OK. I just re-ran it and everything is ...done in green.

The extensions are all softphones. My assistant is using her android device, and also I tried installing the windows client, taking that PC off the network that the PC with 3CX is on, and instead using my android device mobile hotpsot and also a physical mobile broadband hotspot, and it fails to register on both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.