Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V15 and new user, some issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zan5hin, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zan5hin

Hi, I am new to 3CX and have some issues I am hoping someone can assist.

I have no problem getting a connection to the extension via softphone when I am on the same LAN as the 3CX server, however I am having issues for remote users.

On my TP-Link Archer D9 Router, I have gone to NAT Forwarding -> Virtual Servers and opened the following ports:
    9000-9500 UDP
    5060-5061 TCP and UDP
    5090 TCP and UDP

Am I missing something?

I cannot add a SIP Provider that are not listed on the 3CX website. The ones that are listed in Australia have pretty expensive rates, so I used the Worldwide provider called DIDLogic and that is working fine. However when I try to add a second SIP Trunk a generic VoIP provider is says "Feature not available in the 3CX PBX Edition". (Does not mention the word Free)

Is this a limitation of the free version, that you can only use the listed SIP providers?

I cannot get recordings to work. I looked at the path for the recordings and noticed one of the \ symbols for the directory was backwards, it was / so I was worried about that. I created a new folder called C:\3CX and set that as the new recording path, however it is still not recording.

I also made sure that "Record all calls" is ticked under the options for each Extension.

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

the "free/pbx" version is limited to 1 Trunk.
    perhaps same issue for recordings.

as far as remote extensions - tick box to allow specific extension from WAN?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Commercial Editions

Comparison :!:

Maybe they can reorder some categories on that page?
    • IP Phone Management
    • Mobility
    • Web Conferencing
    • Application Integration
    • Call Center / Contact Center

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. zan5hin

OK thanks for the response! I should have looked at that.

Is the 30 day trial a full-featured trial so I can try the recording and CRM integration features?

Any tips on the network config so that I can get it working properly?

Thanks

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

There is no 30 day trial with all features i am afraid. The trial (Free) is the PBX edition.

Regarding the remote extensions, have you passed the firewall check test? May be something is miss-configured
    When you say remote extensions what type of extensions are these? Softphones or IP phones?
    Are you using smartphones?

6. zan5hin

The dashboard says firewall test is OK. I just re-ran it and everything is ...done in green.

The extensions are all softphones. My assistant is using her android device, and also I tried installing the windows client, taking that PC off the network that the PC with 3CX is on, and instead using my android device mobile hotpsot and also a physical mobile broadband hotspot, and it fails to register on both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.