V15 and Snom Mute button

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AndyBarr, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyBarr

Hi guys,

We have just upgraded from V12.5 to V15 and we have noticed that for external calls, when a user puts the call on Mute (so the external caller cant hear the user) the on-hold music is played back to the external caller.

Any ideas on how to stop this, we just want the mic on the deskphone muted. (this currently seems to be only affecting the snom 300s)

Let me know if you need settings or anything like that.

Andy

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

thats normal, as the snom 300 has no hold button so the Mute is changed to Hold.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndyBarr

ah - not very useful considering that the default function key strip states Mute at the bottom. Which when someone is on a conference call and wanted to mute his mic while he had a small coughing fit, it then proceeded to play the on-hold music to the 30 other conference call members for a couple of minutes.

I have found the solution - I had a look at the templates and have reverted it back using the following settings

Original Setting (located at the bottom of the template
    <fkey idx="5" context="active" perm="">keyevent F_R</fkey>

changed to
    <fkey idx="5" context="active" perm="">keyevent F_MUTE</fkey>

4. leepickersgill

I agree this is not very useful, as it causes confusion for the users and the config constantly gets reset so next time the user goes to use mute they put the conference call on hold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.