Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v15 backups to UNC path

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by giwm, Feb 9, 2017.

v15 backups to UNC path 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. giwm

giwm New Member

Though this feature existed in v14, it apparently now falls under the "3CX Ideas" category as it was removed in v15. The ability to backup to a UNC path makes backup routines incredibly easy without anything special running. This eliminates the need for an FTP server or script reliance to dump those backups off the local drive.

Lucas Garcia likes this.
  2. giwm

giwm New Member

I just tested on 15.5 SP1 and this now works again. I'm guessing this was what was meant by the Change Log item:

Fixed Backup retrieving and saving of backups when location type is FTP or DRIVE.

Thanks!

3. Joe W

So you pick "Local Drive" and type in a UNC path? All I see is Local Disk, FTP, Google Drive.

jj1 likes this.
  4. giwm

giwm New Member

5. jj1

jj1

Have just tried this on 15.5 Service Pack 1 and it refuses to accept a UNC path or Mapped Drive as the backup location.

6. giwm

giwm New Member

@jj1 If it's not accepting even a mapped drive when Local Disk is selected, then that may be an issue you'd want to contact support about.

You also may want to ensure it's not a permissions issue (especially with a UNC path). If using a UNC path, you'll want to give the host running 3CX modify permission on the target folder.