V15 Cannot Edit Extensions 500 error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MCCIT, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCCIT

I just upgraded our 3CX from V14 to V15 and restored backup, one system is working no errors reported and calls can be made and received. However today I went in to edit an extension and find that I can edit some without issue but many of them give a 500 error and this error info (Sequence contains no elements) I am running on Windows 2012 R2 Standard all patched to latest updates. Any ideas before I revert back to V14

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgStringsEnum.GetValue()
    at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
    at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmEnum(ICfgEnum value)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmProperty(String wpPropName, ICfgProperty prop)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmItem(ICfgItem item, Boolean isTopLevel)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmProperty(String wpPropName, ICfgProperty prop)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmItem(ICfgItem item, Boolean isTopLevel)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.EditorServiceExtensions.ProcessActiveObjectRegistration(IEditorService editorService, ICfgItem obj, PropertyFilter filter)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionFilterAsync>d__28.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.<Invoke>d__4.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.<Invoke>d__3.MoveNext()

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I recall seeing this when I migrated to v14 and sometimes had to delete an extension and recreate it as similar errors appeared. I would copy the VM files out of the folder. Delete the extension. Recreate with same password/auth info, then put the VM files back in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MCCIT

Thanks craig, when I get a chance I will try that, for now I have reverted back to v14. There were about 15 extensions with this error so will setup a test machine and try the upgrade again and try your suggestion to see if that resolves the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.