Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V15 Cannot Edit Extensions 500 error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MCCIT, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCCIT

I just upgraded our 3CX from V14 to V15 and restored backup, one system is working no errors reported and calls can be made and received. However today I went in to edit an extension and find that I can edit some without issue but many of them give a 500 error and this error info (Sequence contains no elements) I am running on Windows 2012 R2 Standard all patched to latest updates. Any ideas before I revert back to V14

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgStringsEnum.GetValue()
    at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
    at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmEnum(ICfgEnum value)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmProperty(String wpPropName, ICfgProperty prop)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmItem(ICfgItem item, Boolean isTopLevel)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmProperty(String wpPropName, ICfgProperty prop)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmItem(ICfgItem item, Boolean isTopLevel)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.EditorServiceExtensions.ProcessActiveObjectRegistration(IEditorService editorService, ICfgItem obj, PropertyFilter filter)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionFilterAsync>d__28.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.<Invoke>d__4.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.<Invoke>d__3.MoveNext()

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I recall seeing this when I migrated to v14 and sometimes had to delete an extension and recreate it as similar errors appeared. I would copy the VM files out of the folder. Delete the extension. Recreate with same password/auth info, then put the VM files back in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MCCIT

Thanks craig, when I get a chance I will try that, for now I have reverted back to v14. There were about 15 extensions with this error so will setup a test machine and try the upgrade again and try your suggestion to see if that resolves the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.