Solved v15 cant access management console.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevin Burns, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Burns

Hello, I am running v15.5 on a windows 10 machine. I was using it fine on monday and then I came back to it today and I cannot access it from different browsers or remotely. Services are working fine. I either get a timed out error or a connection refused error. I have tried access the console from the host machine to no avail.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Restart the services or the PC? Is there some sort of 3rd party firewall software on there? Is the machine set to DHCP by any chance? There isn't really a question here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kevin Burns

Sadly I wont be able to try to restart the pc for a couple of hours because the phones are currently in use. It is using windows defender and the 3cx features are all on the approved app list. It should be set to static. I guess my question is, has anyone had the same problem and know how to access the management console or know a fix to this? Like I said it was working fine on Monday and no one has touched it since I got back to it today. I am not sure how I broke it.

4. agp

agp 3CX Team

Have you tried opening the Management Console via the local IP on port 5000? (assuming that you are running on the default ports).

Is the 3CX PhoneSystem Nginx Server service running?

5. Kevin Burns

6. Kevin Burns

I am not sure if the nginx server is running. I do not see it in the tasklist

7. Kevin Burns

I fixed it thank you. Somehow my nginx server was no longer running. If anyone else has this problem press the windows key and open up services. On the list you will see a bunch of 3cx services. Make sure the nginx server and the management console options are both running.

idlea likes this.
  8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Gals the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Kevin Burns likes this.
  9. idlea

I have not used 3CX for 8 years and now I remember why I binned it last time.
    So what is the answer other than restarting the service every day????????/
    Oh and thank you Kevin

10. LyonAdmiral

I've had it on Windows 7, with the firewall configured tightly for only what 3CX needs, and I've got months without installing updates or restarting anything.

11. idlea

I have an old pc with 7 on it doing nothing I will give it a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.