V15 can't provision/update Yealink phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IA76, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IA76

Hi

Since we upgraded to v15 I have a problem with our Yealink T22p phones.

1) I'm trying to assign a new phone to an extension. The phone is the latest firmware version. I can see the phone in the phones list but when I assign it to an extension nothing happens.

2) On an existing extension I changed the name of the person who the extension belongs to but nothing has updated on the phone.

2. nupton

I had to go to the phone provisioning option under the extension menu and copy the provisioning link into the autoprovisioning URL space on the handset.
    Save and hit the auto provision now button.
    It takes a while.

3. IA76

I tried that but it didn't work.

All our phones are T22 so this is a big problem for us now.

4. bissence

I have the same issue with 3 Yealink phones (T41P + T46G + W52P). No way to autoprovision them with 3CX V15 on Windows.
    I've also copied the provisionning link on the phones but it didn't work.

No problem to autoprovision them with 3CX V15 Beta for Linux.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bissence

Yes I'm using default templates. I've also tried with a new installation of 3CX V15 on Windows and still have the issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

Does your provisioning link contain an FQDN or a IP?
    What firmware are your phones on?
    Have you opted for 3CX FQDN and certificate or do you have your own?

7. bissence

The provisionning link contains an FQDN but I've also tried a provisionning link with IP on a fresh new installation of 3CX V15 on Windows and that doesn't work.

Firmware : - W52P : 25.80.0.15
    - T41P : 36.80.0.130
    - T46G : 28.80.0.130

I'm using a 3CX FQDN and certificate.

I've also tried succesfully on V14 and as I've wrote in a previous message, it works fine with V15 Beta for Linux ?!?

Manual configuration on these 3 phones works fine (Inbound and Outbound Calls, Transfer, BLF, PhoneBook ...)

8. complex1

complex1 Active Member

This firmware for the Yealink W56P, not for the W52P.
    3CX does not have (yet) a template for the W56P, so you have to modify the W52P template if you want to provisioning the set.

9. bissence

This firmware is fine provisionned for the W52P on 3CX V15 Beta for Linux and on 3CX V14 (W52P and W56P has the same base, only the handset changes). And that doesn't explain the fact that the T41P and the T46G are not provisionned on 3CX V15 for Windows ;)

10. bdse

I have installed today a new install and added all phones, Nothing listed to provision, I tried and Provisioned them from the handset without any luck, I have tried manually added them in 3CX, No luck.

All Yealinks, T22P, T23G, T28, T32G, T41, T42, T40 (All firmware Manually Updated from Yealink, 3CX Approved)

Stopped Firewall, Tried Https:5001 and Http:5000 as Provision string... No luck

Windows 10 anniversary, i5, 8GB Ram
    Any ideas ?

11. bissence

For me, it works fine now with the latest Service Pack (15.0.59381.0) :D

12. jayfromit

Any update on this? I'm having a similar issue.

Phones: T46G

We just upgraded to v15 and none of the phones are provisioning by it self. I assigned it to an ext but nothing happens to the phone after I press submit

my setup is though local ip not FDQN

Also side question if I use a web broswer to this link should I see something? All i see is blank.
    https://XX.XX.XX.XX:5000/provisioning/XXXXXXXX

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make sure you have the latest firmware on your Yealink phones. Earlier firmware didn't recognize the SSL certificates used by 3CX and so refused any downloaded provisioning files served from 3CX. You could also manually go into the Yealink web interface and disable the requirement to authenticate the cert before using the provisioning file.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To rule out something oddball, can you take the link to a web browser and view the configuration? What I've done in the past to troubleshoot provisioning is to take the provisioning link and then add the MAC of the phone .cfg at the end and it SHOULD display the text of the config in the browser. i.e. https://FQDN:5001/provisioning/RANDOM STRING/MAC.cfg. If not, then your issue isn't the phone it's more likely network-based. In that realm, I'd check the windows firewall first.

15. ifbbmi

There is an other annoying Bug:

If the template has any mistake, the 3CX can not create the provision file. There is not any error-message. Nothing! There is only an Error 404 when you request the file. This is not a network-based error. There is maybe only a typo.

If you create an user defined provision file, you have to check if the Phone-Name is correct. If you copy a provision file, the 3CX system appends the new file name to the phone names:

<model ua="SIP-T46G">Yealink T46</model> to <model ua="SIP-T46G">Yealink T46-XYZ123</model>

This is not completely correct:
    Later in provision File:
    <model name="Yealink T46" filename="y000000000028.cfg" />

The red Name has to be the same. If you make a copy of the provision file, the names does not fit. And the provision will fail.
    The T46G will request the y000000000028.cfg but if the phone is a "Yealink T46-XYZ123" the 3CX does not provide an "y000000000028.cfg". (3CX provides an y000000000029.cfg, which the phone does not request.)

Why are all phones with an user defined provision file marked red in the phonelist? I don't understand this.

16. jayfromit

I think my problem is it doesn't even make the cfg file nor does any path work if I try to go to that file using web browser.

17. jayfromit

I checked my firewall, any other suggestions if I can route to that cfg file?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So from the local machine that 3CX is installed on, you CAN get to the config file?

Try from another machine by IP next. Maybe an internal DNS issue?

19. jayfromit

It's weird,
    From the local machine I can get to the managmenet console 5000 but the provisioning links don't work.

Couple of tests I have done.
    I have created a file in "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\index.html" and when I go to the address "http://(IP):5000/provisioning/index.html" it doesn't work.
    All the 3CX service is running and all the firewall ports are open. Side note, I don't think it's the firewall because the management IP works.

Then I noticed something interesting or nothing important, in the parameter settings I noticed "PROVISIONING_FOLDER_ROOT" is set to "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data/http\Interface/provisioning" so I changed to "C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning" it didn't work but I'm hoping a reboot might apply the changes. Anyways if these don't work any other ideas?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once you start changing parameters, troubleshooting gets weird.

I doubt that 3CX left NGINIX with index.html as the default document. to your tests won't fly.

Open a browser on your 3CX host machine add "/MACADDRESS.cfg" to the end of the provisioning link as stated in the gui. Does it get you anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.