• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V15 crash on edit extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

witenoize

Reaction score
When trying to editing certain extensions I am receiving an error 500 (internal server error) with the following pop-up info:

System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at ConfigurationManagementModel.CfgStringsEnum.GetValue()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmEnum(ICfgEnum value)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmProperty(String wpPropName, ICfgProperty prop)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmItem(ICfgItem item, Boolean isTopLevel)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmProperty(String wpPropName, ICfgProperty prop)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.Adapters.CmmAdapter.SerializeCmmItem(ICfgItem item, Boolean isTopLevel)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Services.EditorServiceExtensions.ProcessActiveObjectRegistration(IEditorService editorService, ICfgItem obj, PropertyFilter filter)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionFilterAsync>d__28.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Builder.RouterMiddleware.<Invoke>d__4.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at ManagementConsoleJS.Middleware.ExceptionWrapperMiddleware.<Invoke>d__3.MoveNext()
Ok

Hello witenoize,

This error is due to corrupted codecs in the Extensions.
In order to fix this issue you need to do the following :

1) Edit the extension that produces this error
2) Go to "Phone Provisioning" Tab and in the panel "Codecs" just move up/down or add/remove the codecs .
3) Press OK

And the issue should be fixed. :)

i am having same issue.

You said just edit extension which is giving error.
But what if it gives error when adding new extension.

From Phone list, i am adding new extension and it is giving me same error !!!

Lots of bug in v15. Previous major upgrade had not this much issues.

Thanx

Please check if you have any Phone templates. You should have default templates installed otherwise you might get this.

sanketgroup said:
i am having same issue.

You said just edit extension which is giving error.
But what if it gives error when adding new extension.

From Phone list, i am adding new extension and it is giving me same error !!!

Lots of bug in v15. Previous major upgrade had not this much issues.

Thanx

I have the same issue after returning backup from v14 on fresh installed v15 as upgrade procedures mentioned.
I cannot edit all extensions with Linksys SPA922, SPA94X и SPA962+932 phones registered.
All other extensions (with no additional phones or with Cisco SPA 504) can be opened and edited normally. I think that there is a problem with extension's data ported from backup, that cannot be interpreted /rendered by v15.
I tried to delete and create extension again. Ok, no problem with deletion and creation of new extension. But if i try to provision a phone of above mentioned types - there is an error 500... nothing can be done - i was forced to re-provision it manually. I know that these phones are not supported anymore. But why developers put it in the menu for provisioning - if not supported and not working?
And now I am in very delicate situation - 3cx is working, but i cannot enter in 95% of all extensions.
If I go back to v14 - management will ask me why the hell we paid 1 year support - to have a new version that is not working?

Attachments

• photo_2017-04-07_15-28-12.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-12.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 6
  • photo_2017-04-07_15-28-18.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-18.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 7
  • photo_2017-04-07_15-28-24.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-24.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 5
  • photo_2017-04-07_15-28-36.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-36.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 7
  • photo_2017-04-07_15-28-41.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-41.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 6
  • photo_2017-04-07_15-28-46.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-46.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 7
  • photo_2017-04-07_15-28-49.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-49.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 7
  • photo_2017-04-07_15-28-54.jpg
    photo_2017-04-07_15-28-54.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 6
I believe that the custom templates you are using for these phones (V15 does not have templates for these phones) are not compatible with v15 and you need to update them in order to use them.
These templates must have been carried over from your backup from a previous version.
The phones that have a template in V15 are listed in the following link.
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

You are absolutely right.
But if these templates are not compatible, how to update them in order to use them?
And why i cannot open the extension to edit them after restored backup? I have new phones, but i cannot open the extension to add a new compatible phone and to remove old phones? If i need to delete all these extensions and create it again... that is not an option. I cannot export and import extensions, because the imported extension cannot be opened again...

The most important thing - how to open these extensions that backup has transported from v14.
I already have an idea how to proceed further and to provision these old phones. But i cannot open the extensions.
Deleting and creating all extensions manually is not an option.

These phones need to be removed from the system manually. Please note they can not be provisioned to v15. The only option is to delete them from the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.