• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved v15 Debian Exchange sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

skRi11a

Customer
Reaction score
I cannot get the Exchange sync for Contacts to work.

It won't connect to a PublicFolder or a user's email account.

I've created the impersonation account and given it the proper permissions.
When I add a PF, it accepts the path but nothing happens.
Same with the user email.

3CX v15 Pro - Debian is fully updated and funtioning as expected.
I have fully patched Exchange 2013 and all PF are accessible through Outlook.

Any insight as to what I'm doing wrong?

Anyone? Bueller....Anyone?

I had this issue and started that thread you referred to. Mine is working fine now. If you look in /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Logs/3cxSystemService.log, you should see lines where it connects to Exchange. If it is working well it should look like the following (I am only syncing a public folder).

2017/01/12 04:00:00.001|995|0060|Info|Synchronization of GAL started...
2017/01/12 04:00:00.001|995|0060|Info|Synchronization of public folders started...
2017/01/12 04:00:00.030|995|0060|Info|Synchronization of Public Folder Datamerge Contacts started...
2017/01/12 04:00:02.442|995|0051|Info|Synchronization of Public Folder Datamerge Contacts finished(1274 contacts)...
2017/01/12 04:00:02.442|995|0051|Info|Synchronization of personal contacts started...
2017/01/12 04:00:02.444|995|0051|Info|No E-Mail-Adresses configured for sync
2017/01/12 04:00:02.455|995|0051|Info|Sync-Job execution finished on: 12/01/2017 4:00:02 am taking 2.454173 seconds

When mine was not working, I figured out the problem from this log. Sorry I can't remember what the error messages were at the time, but you should get some good feedback from this log file.

Reactions: skRi11a
Thank you for that.

The log shows I'm getting a (401) Anonymous Request Disallowed.
I'm assuming this means it doesn't like the 3cx impersonation account for some reason.
I've tried every combination of username/domain/email domain and they all return the same result.
I've also changed permissions to allow anonymous on everything from the IIS EWS virtual directories, exchange EWS virtual directory and slew of other things i can't remember now (everything was rolled back when it didn't work).

So... Exchange is fully patched and configured as expected, 3CX just updated again and it still gives the same result.

I so don't want to pay for support for something I'm sure is a simple fix. I'm just not seeing the light here.

That was the error I got. Anonymous request disallowed. It was because the credentials weren't being parsed. To resolve this I went into servers | virtual directories | EWS. On the authentication tab I disabled digest and Windows Authentication and enabled basic authentication only.

The other thing you have to do is get the impersonated user account format right on the 3CX Exchange config page. This should be username@domain name.

Those two things and leaving the leading "\" off of the public folder path did the trick.

Thanks again!

Reactions: datamerge
Just thought I'd add a little information...

We noticed users weren't able to change their out of office status in Outlook after removing Windows Integration. For the time being, I'm just going to remove Windows Integration once a week to update the Contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.