v15 & Exchange 2013 Contacts sync failing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Daniel Ormanns, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Ormanns

Hi Guys,
    i am new to 3cx and I think i got the most things done for my company.
    But the Sync of contacts is a mystery to me.
    I created the entries for Exchange in the Contacts Section (Version is Exchange 2013 with SP1)
    And my private Contacts are synced, but I get Errors syncing publicFolders.

Out of the logfile:
    2017/10/13 12:22:56.710|2464|0072|Excpt|System.Exception: Top Level Folder not found: BPG
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.Clients.PublicFolderExtensions.<GetTopLevelFolder>d__2.MoveNext()
    --- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
    bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.Clients.PublicFolderExtensions.<GetPublicFolderByPath>d__1.MoveNext()
    --- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
    bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.Clients.PublicFolderExtensions.<GetContactsFromPublicFolder>d__4.MoveNext()
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.SchedulerJob.<SynchronizePublicFolderContacts>d__15.MoveNext()

I tried different writings of the Foldername in the Configuration and it is always the same Error.

How can I solve this?

Thank you!

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Daniel,

Ensure that the 'slash' is a FORWARD slash not a BACK slash.
    Also, no slash should be input infront of the public folder path.

#2 GiannosC_3CX, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
  3. Daniel Ormanns

Hi Giannos,

thank you for the quick reply.
    I just changed this in my config, but the error persists.

Log entries:

2017/10/13 13:29:42.382|2464|0072|Erro|Error while checking contacts from Public Folder BPG\KontakteKR
    2017/10/13 13:29:42.382|2464|0072|Excpt|System.Exception: Top Level Folder not found: BPG\KontakteKR
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.Clients.PublicFolderExtensions.<GetTopLevelFolder>d__2.MoveNext()
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.Clients.PublicFolderExtensions.<GetPublicFolderByPath>d__1.MoveNext()
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.Clients.PublicFolderExtensions.<GetContactsFromPublicFolder>d__4.MoveNext()
    bei CompanyDirectoryService.SchedulerJob.<SynchronizePublicFolderContacts>d__15.MoveNext()

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Daniel,

Please try with a FORWARD slash ( / ) not a BACK slash.

5. Daniel Ormanns

Just the Same error with the other slash

6. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Daniel,

Can you attach a screenshot of the error and a screenshot of the settings from the management console?

7. Daniel Ormanns

Hi Giannos,

the error only shows up in the logfile with the lines above.

Here are the 2 Config Pages.

Attached Files:

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the image still shows a wrong config, wich will never work.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/phonebook-directory/

1. To have the company phonebook populated with contacts from a public folder, enter the path to the public folder for example: Company/Contacts.
    If after entering the URL correct this still remains: Top Level Folder not found: BPG\KontakteKR (or Correct then Top Level Folder not found: BPG/KontakteKR) then the folder is not called like this. May add an image of the Public Folder Tree

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Daniel Ormanns

Hi Stefan,

thank you for your reply, I just changed the config, but the Error is still the same.

2017/10/16 08:50:58.273|2296|0063|Erro|Error while checking contacts from Public Folder BPG/KontakteKR
    2017/10/16 08:50:58.274|2296|0063|Excpt|System.Exception: Top Level Folder not found: BPG

I made two screenshots of the config, maybe this helps.

Attached Files:

10. shenwei

No updated? We met this problem too. Personal contacts could be synced. But public folder sync failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.