Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v15 FQDN no longer resolves

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

I have a valid v15 maintenance contract but I noticed over the weekend that my domain (name.3cx.us) now resolves to a new IP address which isn't mine.

How can I get this resolved? I can't see a way to refresh the ip? I'm on a static public IP so there's nothing i can think of which would cause it to change.

2. asmith3006

Ok, I've found that the building I rent internet from pushed our phone system out of their "B" connection for a while by accident so this caused the phone system's public IP to change.

Now it's been changed back, how long should it take for 3CX to re-register the original IP address with 3cx.us? Is there a way to force an update?

3. asmith3006

For anyone else who finds this thread, it appears to automatically sort itself out after 48 hours. There must be a "dynamic DNS" client which runs every X hours built in.

Would be great to get the *actual* position on this for future reference though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.