• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v15 FQDN no longer resolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmith3006

Reaction score
I have a valid v15 maintenance contract but I noticed over the weekend that my domain (name.3cx.us) now resolves to a new IP address which isn't mine.

How can I get this resolved? I can't see a way to refresh the ip? I'm on a static public IP so there's nothing i can think of which would cause it to change.

Ok, I've found that the building I rent internet from pushed our phone system out of their "B" connection for a while by accident so this caused the phone system's public IP to change.

Now it's been changed back, how long should it take for 3CX to re-register the original IP address with 3cx.us? Is there a way to force an update?

For anyone else who finds this thread, it appears to automatically sort itself out after 48 hours. There must be a "dynamic DNS" client which runs every X hours built in.

Would be great to get the *actual* position on this for future reference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.