Solved V15 how to provision remote SIP phones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FGCUHank, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

I'm coming out from under a rock and jumping from V11 to V15.

The V15 is on a virtual server up at Amazon AWS. I tried but could not use the 3cx cloud based demo due to our antiquated mail system, this gets replaced next. We are now a distributed company so this was next best option I could think of. I also could not interrupt the V11 system running in what's left of our main office.

I have everyone up on the 3cx soft phone and it is working great. I have a few small sites/users that want their old faithful desk phone with BLF. Some of these are 3-5 user sites, others are a rep at his house. These are all working today as they are on a VPN.

What I am seeing is that the provisioning url under the extension (provisioning tab) is for the internal IP of the box up at AWS. Is there a way to change this to the public address?

I found a doc on the 3cx site about guidelines on provisioning remote phones but it stops at V14. https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/provisioning-a-remote-extension/ Is this still possible and would it really require the SBC running at a one user site?

Any tips, best practices or suggestions would be appreciated here, I'm still in test mode so an uninstall/re-install is trivial and not disruptive to the operation.

Thanks in advance.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Under what provisioning method are you seeing the internal IP? If under 'Local LAN' then that is correct. You would want to change the provisioning method to either STUN or SBC and the provisioning link will change accordingly. If you see the internal IP under STUN or SBC then you are probably best uninstalling and then reinstalling and putting the correct info into the wizard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nick Galea likes this.
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

what types of phones do you have? Are those supported for remote provisioning? You can see the supported phones list from here: https://www.3cx.com/support/
    If phone is not supported for remote provisioning then the option will not be available in the management console.

4. FGCUHank

FGCUHank New Member

Thank you both for your prompt replies! The issue was the phone support, I was using a Grandstream GXP1400 which is in the limited support list, thus only the local LAN option was available in the provisioning method pull down/selection list.

I changed it to a Fanvil C400 and the three provisioning methods were displayed.

Please mark this thread as solved.

#4 FGCUHank, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.