Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V15 Install [solved]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunkiddance, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunkiddance

OK - I backed up my V14 and then un-installed it

Downloaded the V15 Free Version

When I try and run the install, I get a message that certain pre-requisites are missing and it then proceeds to install .NET Framework V4.6.

The problem is that it then just sits there saying it is installing but nothing actually happens. After 30 minutes or so I cancelled the install.

Tried again after re-booting the server, same result. Tried right-clicking the file and choosing "Run as administrator" - same result.

Server is running Windows 2008 R2 64-bit

Help !!

Thanks

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Re: V15 Install

Look ideally we post log of installer, but if problem still persist send me a pm so we can access machine and see this live.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pojidaev

Re: V15 Install

Download and install full versions of .NET Framework and C++ Runtime , reboot machine and start 3CX setup. Everything will be fine.

5. sunkiddance

The server already on SP1.

Ran the .net cleanup tool. Rebooted server

Problem the same - even with the stand-alone installer.

Tried removing .net 4.5.1 , re-boot, cleanup, re-install - same result

I am now unable to install any version of .net - 4. full install, 4.5.2, 4.6.1 - all start running and just "hang" doing nothing

I eventually installed it all onto a virtual server running on the original server and that has worked - i.e. 3CX v15 is up and running - it will stay there until I can resolve the issues of installing .net 4.x

(Incidentally, today I ran other Windows updates on the server without any problems)

So - issue not actually resolved but at least I have the system working again.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.