V15 installation fails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ben C, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben C

I just downloaded V15 (File version: 15.0.62928.0, Size: 157MB, Date: 4/25/2017 4:23 PM) and it always fails with a message:
    A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\3CX\3CX Phone System 15.0.62928\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.
    I did download the file twice and got same result.
    Any idea how to pass this issue?

Windows Server 2008 R2

Thank you
    Ben

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

downloading on the server or another machine?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NTB Inc

Does this machine have internet access? I had this exact same issue, our 3cx server does not have direct internet access so the signed cert for the executable couldn't be verified, if you go into the properties of the file you will notice one or more of the certs that the file is signed by are not trusted/verified. Need to make sure server can access internet and the root certificate stores at Microsoft; this is done daily via Windows Update or you can use the CertUtil to manually trigger the root update, you will see an Event ID 1 in the Windows Event Viewer (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc733922(v=ws.10).aspx) if this succeeds. Once the roots are updated the cert chain for the exe will be good and will work fine. Also confirm you dont have a GPO object enabled to prevent root cert lookups: Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, Internet Communication Management, Internet Communication settings, Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update.

#3 NTB Inc, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
  4. Ben C

Downloaded to another machine and to a USB drive, then ran it from the sever where 3CX is.
    I'm testing the upgrade from V14 to V15 to an test server...

5. Ben C

You are right, the installation needs internet. I was hoping to do it on isolated box to see the steps of it, but I can't.

Thank you NTB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.