Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v15 iPhone - Avoid Push on Ring Groups

Discussion in 'iOS' started by ayachem, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayachem

Hello,

We have recently upgraded to v15 and the iPhone push seems to be finally working for us. However, it works a little too well and I am looking for advice on how to customize it to fit our workflow.

We want the user's DESK phone to ring for ring groups and queues, but we don't want their iphones to ring for ring groups or queues. We only want transferred or internal direct calls to ring their iphones.

So do we create a separate extension just for their iphones and then assign those as mobiles that are not in the ring groups? Do we use forwarding rules? Are there parameter settings we could activate? I didn't see such an option in the status profiles.

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model:iPhone
    Generation: 6
    Firmware Version: 9.3.2
    Jailbreak: NO
    Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Phone
    Contacts: Local
    Connection: WiFi|3G (both)
    Server: Internal

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Michelle

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There would have to be an option to allow, or dis-allow non-direct calls (ring group calls), to also ring the mobile (Feature suggestion?). In the meantime, to separate inside/outside/ring group calls, you may have to rely on call forward rules, as they can be configured, based not only on where the call originated, but they also ignore ring group calls. As you noted, the iPhone would have to be a different extension number. You could modify the number to be displayed, for that extension, so that called parties see a number associated with the person "main" extension number.

3. ayachem

Yes, we are trying out using a separate extension per iPhone with forwarding from the main account. Thank you.

4. roadwings

On a related note... I get 'Pages' pushed to my iOS device. This seems excessive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.