Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V15 - NGINX Stopping

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChrisD, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisD

Hi folks,
    Since upgrading to V15 randomly the web interface just stops responding and shows "Web server is not responding to requests. Contact administrator".

I'm not sure what else I can paste to help find the cause etc. I have checked my windows logs and there is nothing at the time of crash, the only entries are from when I run my script to stop the NGINX service and start it up again. This, by the way, fixes the problem. Before I run my script the NGINX service shows as being in a Running state with no problems, although that's clearly not the case.

The phones still work, it's just the web interface.

I have checked \Bin\nginx\logs - the only entry for today is

"2016/07/28 14:17:08 [notice] 7360#10144: signal process started"

Which is from me re-starting the service after it stopped responding. The Reports.log is empty and access.log looks fine.

Any suggestions where I should be looking? Or something I could try to fix it?

Thanks a lot,
    Chris.

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

From the first indications it seems that you are getting timeouts. My question what do you do to get this symthom. Cannot be nothing. Can you tell us when this happens what you access as a page? Can you check CPU usage when this occurs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChrisD

Hi MichaelB,
    Thanks for the reply. I honestly can't work out what 'sets it off' but I can confirm it only happens when I'm in the web interface making changes OR idling on the front screen. If I'm not logged in it quite simply doesn't happen.

Do you mean the CPU usage on the Dashboard? No, it's all empty. All of the fields on the Dashboard are empty when it happens, the soft-phones sometimes lose connectivity too, this doesn't seem to be consistent though which is really strange.

Cheers,
    Chris.

4. das

das

Hi ChrisD,

Check if all 3CX services are running. If not check in events for the error.

5. Matt_3CX

Hi All,

I've noticed this in V15 also, and again no reason. All I am doing is trying to login to the management console.
    It doesn't seem to matter what the system CPU power or memory size is.

Strange one

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ldeeder

I am having this exact same error. Has anyone found a resolution?

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

What version PBX (linux or windows) are you running and what service pack are you on?

8. 3xs

3xs

Hello YiannisH, please can i help me with this issue...
    My Windows PC crashes and i up another instance on Hyper-V instance and i do a backup restore (only config).
    Now im daily have to start up manually the nginx services because they stop without aparent reason...

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.