Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v15 not ready for v14 october forced update

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanpliance, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanpliance

going to list some issues I've been having on my test upgrade to v15 on my reseller pbx.
    I just saw in the reseller newsletter that NFR keys should be upgraded to v15, and after october 1st, no further activations on v14 would be possible. I hope this is only for v14 nfr keys, and not customers, because in my opinion, v15 is not ready for primetime.

I upgraded my reseller pbx, and the first issue was the whole certificates thing. I usually use a configuration, where a subdomain of our clients domain is directed to the phone server. the installation's self signed certificates allowed me to get the server up and running, and then change the cert in IIS if it was needed. The marketed additional security is not really additional security, but a hindrance to flexibility on the maintainers side. The security on the self signed certificates was fine.
    Now, we have to have this set up beforehand, adding additional complexity, especially since the webserver was changed away from IIS. I'm fine with nginix, but tools should have been included in the installation, so that this could have easily been overcome. When I switched my pbx over, I had to be down for a day, while I figured out the best route to get a cert signed.

After I upgraded, I noticed the live call monitoring was gone. Saw active calls was put in SP1, but only on dashboard. you can see number of calls in use, but not what is going on, which extensions have a call coming in/out, which trunks have a call coming in/out, etc.. pretty critical piece for an admin troubleshooting issues.

I installed the new 3cxphone for windows, tried to connect to the pbx, from the provisioning file...can't connect. I tried changing ip addresses, names, using internal/external connection, nothing works. even after SP1, my 3cxphone won't connect. looks like I'll have to submit a ticket to get that fixed. it worked fine before, and it still connects to a customer's cloud pbx on another account.

SP1 brought additional issues. after upgrading, I click updates, and nothing!
    blank updates screen.

I think v15 is being rushed to market, and still has a lot of issues before I would dare upgrade any customer to this.
    am I alone in my opinions, and being overly critical?

2. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

I also anxiously went to the Dashboard to see the new "Active Calls Page". It does not exist. There is still the "Number of Calls" in Use under PBX Status, which is nice, but not the same.

The July 11 release should have been RC3. To me, having SP1 follow so closely does mean the initial release was a "huge success". This one should probably have been RC4. I understand that 3CX needs feedback, and it's hard to get enough with Release Candidate status. Maybe next time they can ask partners to move their internal production systems when RC3 hits so that 3CX can get a reasonable amount of feedback before dropping a half baked loaf of bread on the public table.

Don't get me wrong, I like the direction 3CX is going. I like aggressively adding new features. But, we also need a stable platform to use and sell, that doesn't keep removing features.

3. sanpliance

absolutely

4. Sopock

Sopock Member

PBXaaS

After the update is complete, clear browser cache :!:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sanpliance

Re: PBX as a service

that cleared the updates issue I had, and allows you to click on calls in use, to see a flat list of calls.

6. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@ sanpliance,
    regarding certificates there can be ways to enhance this process, yes its true. But also we publish blog posts and articles to help our users to not spend a day in trying to just obtain certificates.

For the active calls, yes we mentioned that this will be added in service pack 1 and we did it so update your system to SP1. Remember to clear the cache. From what I see seems you updated so please clear the cache.

Regarding 3CX Phone not connecting, I suggest that first you check from the logs of the client what is going on. You dont change IP's or external/internal as this will not get you anywhere. If you configured your system correctly then client should connect with no problem.

If you can't manage, no problem send me a pm. I will look into it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Re: PBXaaS

Thanks for the tip - that did the trick. So far I have had to do this on each system that I had previously connected to the console. Much happier now! However, I rarely have to do this for other websites, so I am hoping 3CX can find a way to eliminate that "requirement".

8. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@kansas1 yes we are planning to do so.

9. bull_tpk

Upgraded to V15 from 12.5, Patton FXO gaetway had to be upgraded, which was OK, but when I deleted existing SIP trunk for old implemenetation of patton, the old trunks still appear in system extensions, and the new one doesnt.
    The newly created trunk would not register until I made it not require reg, and then set back to reg. Even then it sitll doesnt come up in system extensions.
    I have done full windows reboot and still not good.
    Active calls view is a major step backwards IMO. Makes it really hard to test ring groups and queues and see more than one active call with icons in real time compared to the way it used to work.
    The initial installation using that terminal window is pretty ordinary too. If you make a wrong selection you cant go back, you have to start all over, plus it is harder to just run up the install and test and configure before applying the license, now we have to enter the license key at this point.
    Having to update phone firmware one at a time is silly too.
    It all looks nice but my feelings are they could have held this back and done some more testing first

10. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In SP1, if you click on the "Number of calls in use" option in the Dashboard, it will take you to a view where in real-time (1-2 seconds delay) you will see incoming calls and and what extensions are ringing through Queues, Ring Groups, etc.

You can, by pressing the Escape key.

11. bull_tpk

Escape didnt work for me. Sorry but the new live call window is a very backward step and nowhere near as good as previous IMO. Also yesterday I noticed 2 things: that in voicemail tab, ticking disable pin has no effect
    And closing browser does not seem to end session, even if closed and machine rebooted. You seem to actually have to hit the log out to end the session

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.