Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v15 - Plugins?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ian.watts, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

So.. I upgraded to 15 this morning.. may post another topic in General for that.

But.. I fetched a fresh 3CXPlugins.exe file as well this morning.. the file version still report 14.0.897.704.

While I don't intend to upgrade client systems to 15 "today".. I would like to know if/when the plugins package for 15 is released. Experiences with previous versions of the plugins on a current system was "not so happy" in general.. and will be preventing me from upgrading clients leveraging CRM plugins.

2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

Hi Ian,

I would like to hear your general experience upgrading to v15. Specifically if there is anything missing in v15 (like from 12.5 to 14.0 missing features)

thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mdages

I've updated to V15 and got problems with 3CX-Tapi driver seems not work anymore. The current 3cxplugins.exe seems not V15 ready. For Outlook and some other CRM integrations, the 3cxplugins.exe is not needed anymore because it is integrated to 3cxPhone. But I didn't find any new tapi driver integration.

-Markus

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

V14 plugins should work with V15 client

CRM integration is now being handled by the management console and it is done by extension. You will be able to add new CRM plugins through the management console >> Settings >> CRM integration tab.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I may need to read the manual.. but while I see the listbox, there are no entries available.
    Looks like a different approach has been done in general, I see Settings: CRM Integration lets me add some mystery plugin.
    Will read the manual and hope it's there. Will want to test before I push it to somebody.
    Apparently needs to be ZIP and have some VERSION entry thus far.. will see.

It also means I'm at a loss.. I can see some clients having extensions registered on their desktops and their fancy Surface Pro tablets.. one I would want integration while the other I don't. If it is per-extension.. that may complicate matters. I will assume integration components are limited to Windows at this point.. no Android/iOS/OS X integrations going on (which is fine..). Again, will see.

6. sunstate

sunstate Member

I'm confused, so do you still have to install the 3CXPlugins.exe on each machine or not? Or do you just enable CRM in the extension's settings and pick the appropriate CRM from the dropdown? Or do you have to do to both?

I don't see any mention of CRM in the Admin Manual:

http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/

And the Dynamics page still talks only about v14 and installing the 3CXPlugins.exe:

http://www.3cx.com/docs/dynamics-crm-integration/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

For TAPI driver to work you need to install 3cxplugins.exe and pick TAPI driver. Just tested on V15 client and it works.

CRM integration is handled by the management console per extension as i mentioned before. For now the ones you can use are the ones you can download from the updates in the management console.
    Then you enable integration from the extension settings and pick the plugin you want.
    On the next restart of the 3cx client the management console will push the plugin to the client.

To be able to enable integration on the extension tab you need commercial license.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I just received an update that there is a new version of 3cxplugins.exe but is not in the documentation yet. It will be shortly.

If anyone needs this now the link is http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPlugins15.exe

Note that this is for V15 only.

V14 users should use the previous version.

9. sunstate

sunstate Member

So after I enable the Dynamics plugin in the extensions settings and the Dynamics plugin gets pushed to the 3CXPhone for that extension, will the customizations file (TCXMicrosoftDynamicspluginsolution_1_2_managed.zip) then be available in the C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp directory as the documentation states? Because right now that file does not exist.

10. actbig

First I just Updated the Client to v 15 and TAPI with the old version still worked fine. After I enabled the Client Integration I have some Problems with the Client. Every time I start the Client it will start in Soft Phone Mode and not in CTI mode. I have to set this every time to CTI manual.

11. actbig

just found the solution for my problem. It is now under the extension -> Phone Provisioning -> Your Phones -> 3CX CLient ->Preferences

12. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@sunstate

Just enabled integration for Dynamics plugin for an extension, went to have a look in the folder:
    C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\DotNetScripts\MicrosoftDynamicsCRM\References
    and the TCXMicrosoftDynamicspluginsolution_1_2.zip is created (see attachment).

Please make sure that you have followed the steps in the guide http://www.3cx.com/docs/dynamics-crm-integration/
    Also make sure that you can see the Microsoft Dynamics CRM option in the 3CX Client >> settings >> advanced settings >> integration like the attached image.

Also make sure that you are running on the latest V15 version 15.0.56008.0 and the latest client version 15.0.56008.0.

@actbig

Did you update the client but you are still on V14 or did you update your PBX to V15?
    If you are on V15 check the following:
    Under the extensions >> Phone provisioning tab choose the 3CX client from the Your Phones drop down menu and navigate to the preference section and check what option is set under Call Control. It should be set to IP Phone.

If you are on V14 PBX check that under the extension settings >> 3CXPhone check what is set in the "configure default phone to use in 3CXPhone for windows" setting

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      32.3 KB
      Views:
  13. snv-it

Are there any known parameter to use with the setup like for silent installation especially how to set the needed plugin.

Thanks, Chris

14. snv-it

We have problems with the 3CXPlugins (15.0915.607): the uninstalltion doesn't work properly. Under "System control - Telephony & Modem", the 3CX-TAPI-entry is still preserved even after a reboot. If we re-install the 3CXPlugins (with Option TAPI) a second entry appears. After this "Telephony & modem" doesn't work any more and also our ERP-systems runs into problems if it tries to access the TAPI interface.

It seems that the 3CXPlugin installation blocks certain Windows services (presumably RAS connection management). Sometimes a restart fixes the error and then there are two 3CX TAPI entries in "Telephony & modem". However, this procedure does not seem to work every time.

15. snv-it

The problems seem to come from the installation with the MSI packages (x86/x64). If we use the Setup.exe manually, it seems to work.

But for the software distribution we need the MSIs for an unattended installation with the TAPI option selected (MST).

What is wrong with the MSIs, do we have to install both (x86 and x64) on our Win10 x64 machines?

16. snv-it

When uninstalling the 3CXplugins which where installed by 3CXPlugins15.exe, the entry "3CX TAPI SrvProv2" in "Telephon and Modem" is not removed.
    Same problem when installed / uninstalled with the MSIs

17. snv-it

When installing both MSIs (x86 and x64) the TAPI seems to work. What' wrong with the 3CXPlugins?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.