• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v15 provisioning of phones, no files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccomley

Reaction score
Is the provisioning now carried out "on the fly" ?

I visit the location

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\<secretword>\

and I can see things like the "yealink_phonebook.xml" file, which is updated with the extension and contact list data, etc.

But I don't see any "phonexxxxx.cfg" files.

If I want to tweak the config for a particular extension, where's the file?

Or does the server build the config that's returned to the phone from the basic template plus variables "on the fly" when the phone asks for it?

(In this case I guess my only option is to edit the basic template for the phone model and hope all the users are happy with the same functionality!)

Hello there,

Config files are generated on the fly upon demand in V15.
If you are set in creating custom templates then i would suggest not to edit the default one in case something goes wrong and you need to revert to that.

I would suggest navigating to settings >> Templates >> and creating a copy of the template of the phone you want to modify.
Navigate to c:\programdata\3cx\instance1\data\http\interface\provisioning\<randomFile>\customTemplates and make the changes you want there. After you complete the changes restart the management console service and provision your phone with the template you created. Navigate to phone provisioning tab and click the Add button.
You should be able to see your custom template in the drop down list.

this way other phones of the same type can be provisioned with the default template.

Thanks. This confirms what I thought - no per-phone files are now created. The good news for that means that if we edit the single main template for a phone, it should affect all phones using that template, without us having to replicate the change in individual files.

(The bad news is it means we can't have phones set to different features without some more clever work with template IDs.)

Also, important to edit the template in the "Instance 1" subtree!! :)

I think that this new way of creating provisioning files on the fly is an annoying feature. The only way that I've found to obtain them is sending the welcome message, but this only works with those extensions that have an email address configured, and in my case there are a lot of extensions without specific email address, so it's a big problem for me.

Is there any way other than sending eMails to obtain the provisioning files?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.