V15 Restart Services Greyed Out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Wendelspanswick, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendelspanswick

I have set up a free version of V15 on a Wintel Pro mini PC running Windows 10 Pro to use as a test bed before we upgrade our paid for versions, its all working OK apart from the Stop Start Restart Services buttons all get a red no access symbol when I select a service to restart?
    Just to add that I can restart the 3CX services from Windows Task Manager but not on the 3CX Management Console.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What version of 3CX is installed?
    What browser are you using? (Use chrome and try again)
    Clear the cache from the browser. Maybe that is the problem.
    We are making a new update this week. If after the update this issue persists, we will log in and check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wendelspanswick

3CX version is 15.0.57336.0
    Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome with the same result.

4. aberry

aberry New Member

Same for me, but only if I select the configuration server, database server, or management console services. Those three are greyed out and will now allow stop or restart. The others can be selected manually and stop / restarted. No more restart all button?

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I think we have another issue with multiple select. This page shouold not allow multiple select.
    But when you select on some computers the selector might not be visible - so when you multiple select, buttons are disabled.
    No There is no restart all button.

Make this test
    Go to another section of the page.
    Then go services and make sure you CLICK ON ONLY 1 service. Do not click around. And then see if the buttons are enabled or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. aberry

aberry New Member

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

thats by design because of dependencies.

Look at it this way--that page is to restart some services but the services which we block consider the page as a status page.

These are small issues - they should not bother you. We are also not 100% ready from this page yet because with the linux porting we had to change some stuff. In SP3 we will add some more improvements to this page dont worry.

8. aberry

aberry New Member

Sounds good, just want to make sure it isn't an issue with my configuration.

Honestly whenever I need to restart I restart the OS, takes like 20 seconds on an SSD so no worries.

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This is a really good point man.. I never thought of it this way!!!

why do you need to bother restarting a service when restarting the whole machine takes 20 sec?

We still encounter phases when we fight to fix some issues that occur on what we call today "slow" machines. (They are not slow, ok maybe a bit old but still ok and people will not replace them like this)
    Also some customers come from countries which machine replacement does not occur as often as US or mainstream Europe.
    Anyway to cut a long story short, sometimes asp.net core services might need some more time to build and load, and it might take more than the 30 sec standard timeout that windows comes by default. So the service will not start. You try from task manager and bamm it starts.. (You will not see this problem..)

This is why I never thought of it this way :p

Actually we should also check the HDD coming to think of it for analytics. It would be good to see whether we are installing on ssd or non ssd machines. Because then we can see if it is worth to try and fix this problem or not.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts..

You tried the linux version?

10. norekhov

3CX Support

Your config is ok.
    In SP2 all services can be restarted both Linux and Windows.
    Though services which are direct dependencies of ManagementConsole including itself can't be stopped and started.
    It's because when you stop one of them you can't start them again cause MC will be killed.

11. aberry

aberry New Member

I haven't tried the Linux version yet, but will be soon. I'm just a network admin for company out here in western Washington, so don't have need for too many installs. I currently have two 3CX licenses (a 64 and a 16). The 16 was just deployed and I used an Intel NUC i7 and a 250gig Samsung 850 pro. Total cost for hardware was about $700, and it is working great. Will be trying out the Debian soon though. When we switched over from our old Toshiba digital system I tried freepbx, and asterix, and they were OK, but I really liked 3CX in the end and our sys admin was happier with it running on windows.

Also, congrats on PBX in a Flash!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.