v15 - showing wrong FQDN in partner portal

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by donhounsell, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donhounsell

When I upgraded from v14 to v15, I used my own FQDN - 3cx.mycompany.com (as I already had the DNS set up and it seemed easier not to change everything). I purchased a certificate from GoDaddy.

On the Network Settings->FQDN page in the management console, the FQDN is shown correctly as my private domain 3cx.mycompany.com.

But in the partner portal at erp.3cx.com, it shows as a 3cx domain as 3cxmycompany.3cx.eu. The FQDN IP shows correctly as my static IP. I tried releasing the FQDN inside the portal, but it just seemed to reattach itself.
    Is this normal behavior?
    If not, can it be fixed?

2. IT Hamster

I see the same thing in mine- i think it has to do with the Webmeeting function?

Not too sure, but that DNS entry only seems to be generated and (cared about) by 3CX.

3CX binds that FQDN to your license key- so if you intend to use your license key on an install that uses a different FQDN you'll have to release it in erp.3cx.com first.

Not exactly sure what what function it performs, but that's what i've encountered so far.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

This is normal as a webmeeting entry is created for every FQDN.

4. donhounsell

Thanks for the replies.
    Originally I thought this would be to do with the webmeeting FQDN, however in the 3CX management console the webmeeting FQDN shows as 3cxmycompany.3cx.net. The FQDN showing against my license in erp.3cx.com shows as 3cxmycompany.3cx.eu - note the .eu rather than the .net. So it seems that this is not the Webmeeting FQDN?

As the page in erp.3cx.com is specifically listing my license details (as per the title at the top of the page) I would have expected it to show the FQDN that my license is connected to? I appreciate that the webmeeting FQDN is also important, but there is no indication on the page that this is what is being displayed here.

Sorry, but I am still confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.