V15 Softphone Client with Plantronics Voyager Legend

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ITSteve, Mar 22, 2018.

1. ITSteve

We are looking for a bluetooth headset that will connect to a computer, and allow the headset's call control buttons to work with the 3CX Windows softphone.

I saw this post previously, https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/v15-client-with-plantronics-voyager-legend.46891/ but they did not show the resolution or if there is one.

I have Hub installed, but I have not been able to have it recognize the Legend. (It works fine with a USB Blackwire 310 - but the call button does not work for it either)

Has anyone been able to get this device to work? Or can recommend another device?

Thanks.

#1 ITSteve, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. ITSteve

Bump.

Right now, we would settle for a bluetooth headset that has good audio. We have tried several Bluetooth headsets that work fine on a cell phone, but have inconsistent audio when paired with a computer and softphone.

3. jed

jed New Member

Sennheiser Presence UC ML will work for you

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Marios Neophytou likes this.
  4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

I've been using this plantronics headset with 3CX for a few years without issue.

I have set it up to my laptops Bluetooth and to my Yealink T46S phone via the Bluetooth adapter (BT40).

stefanprasch likes this.
  5. ITSteve

We are on a budget, trying to stay under $100 if possible. Our users aren't on the phone a lot, but occasionally have hour plus conference calls. I just saw that Plantronics has some USB to Bluetooth adapters for its Voyager series headsets. We have ordered those to see if they are better.

We have found the Voyager Legend to be the best call quality of the ones we have tried, connecting to the computer Bluetooth.

6. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

I do really enjoy using my Plantronics (And FYI the company I work for does not sell this brand of headset so my response is un-biased).

Pairing up to the laptop and using 3CX phone was fine (I use an Acer). Good quality audio and the battery life is great.

7. stefanprasch

We also use the legend of Plantronics. And it works well. You need to change audio in the settings to legend and start the Softphone app on the computer Plantronics hub and Original Bluetooth adapter is not mandatory.

Regards Stefan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ITSteve

So you set your default audio/mic on the computer to the Legend? I have external speakers, and have been leaving those as the default, and in the softphone audio settings changing the mic and speakers to the Legend, and the ringer to the default so I can hear it thru the speakers when I don't have the headset on.

9. stefanprasch

@ITSteve i changed the audio settings ONLY in 3CX Softphone App on Windows by changing settings and audio. The ringtone sound can set to the speakers. You can try it with the original BT UC Adapter by PLT it workes fine for my customers. The Firmware of the headset is up to date?

10. ITSteve

We have a Legend and a 5200 we are testing right now. So far both of these work much better than the other BT devices we previously tried. And this is with the generic BT adapters. Keeping my fingers crossed that we have found something. Thanks.