v15 SP4 Linux - Activity log empty?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 604, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 604

I'm running a hosted test server in a Hyper-V VM. Has anyone experienced this issue where after a while (maybe a day or two), the activity log is empty?

Rebooting does bring the log back but I can't see any activity from before then.

2. George_3cx

George_3cx Guest

Dear 604,

- In the activity log section --> settings has a checkbox to specify how many days to keep the log files as you can see from the below screenshot:

upload_2016-12-19_9-55-10.png

- Additionally, when the pbx is restarted all the logging is deleted. This is the expected behavior by design.

Attached Files:

3. 604

I did see that option. I perceived that to mean "Continually keep the last 1 day of logs", not "Record 1 day of logs from boot time, then delete it and stop logging"

If I uncheck this option, will it keep all logs from last boot until next boot?

4. noord

I am experiencing exactly the same issue on the same version (Linux SP4). After about a day the logging is deleted and no further actions are logged.
    I believe this to be a bug. Did you ever get this sorted out?

5. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi there,

Did you use supported browsers? (Chrome, EDGE and Firefox)

6. noord

Thanks for your quick reply.
    Yes, I do. I also tried different browsers etc.
    After running the Firewall Test (which is the easiest way to restart all services :)), logging continues normally from the point where the services restart.

7. Telcreek

I wish to add I have this issue as well. I have logging set to Medium and keep for 3 days. Activity log is empty until I restart services and like noord, I use the firewall checker to do so. Running V15.0.62928.5 on Linux, hosted on AWS. Same issue with Chrome and FF.

8. choimarc

I have the same issue since I installed 3CX V15 linux edition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. choimarc

I have this issue ! Did you find a solution ?

Thanks.

Marco

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. noord

No, this bug is still present, also in v15.5
    It's really annoying. After you clear/purge the log file it runs again for a few days and then stops again.

11. choimarc

I have installed tcpdump on the 3cx linux box. With WinSCP, I can download the file to my machine and at least use wireshark to know what's going on... Until they fix it :)

12. Telcreek

I am presently on a PRO license v15.5.5 and it's been ok for some weeks now. I am on a low level log with 3 day backup.

13. choimarc

Hi,

I'm using a PRO license also bu i'm on version 15.0.0.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.