v15 SP4 Update will not download

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jms, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jms

jms

One of my branches will not download the v15 SP4 update. The zip file appears in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Updates but never reaches full size. It seemingly stops at random. It gets as high as 8MB but never to the full 79,876 kb.

The branch has a 25 Mb/s Internet connection which works fine for everything else.

I had this problem once in another branch and copied servicepack.zip from another pbx to one of my internal web servers and changed the URL it downloaded from. That was under v14. In v15 I can't find the URL in Parameters.

Can I just copy the Updates directory from a machine that has successfully run the update and run Updater2.exe? If not, what should I do?

2. benratty

I had similar issues I got so far through the SP updates and found I had to reboot the server or stop and restart all the services to get service packs to download.

3. jms

jms

I've rebooted the server for the last four days. To re-start the download you only have to restart the Event Notification Manager service.

Last night's download got to 10,176KB before stopping.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hey,

it looks like the download times out. We could change the timeout but can you try this first.
    In the MMC navigate to settings -> parameter -> in the search type v15.
    You should see now "DOWNLOADS_URL" with the value "https://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/v150"
    Change the value to "https://downloads-us.3cx.com/downloads/v150" and retry.

This change will come natural with 15.5 anyway with some other geo located services.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jms

jms

Thanks StefanW.

I tried several times after changing the URL with the same result, so it looks like a timeout issue.

How do I change the timeout?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@jms
    I have sent you a p.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.