V15 SP5 upgrade reset voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jrjohnson, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrjohnson

I recently upgrade 3CX to V15 SP5 for Windows. Since then, it has been brought to my attention that the voicemail greeting prompt has been reset to its default (still haven't verified if it's for all users). As far as I know, voicemail is still working.

Is there a way to restore everyone's personal voicemail greeting?

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi jrjohnson,

Did you take a backup and restore it to the latest service pack or did you proceed the update through management console?
    Also, please check if those custom voice mail greeting files appear on the drop down menu.

3. jrjohnson

It was available in dropdown. Had to go through each one to set them back. Can I do that to multiple users at a time perhaps?

As for the upgrade and backup, the process was through the management console, and I take automated backups every night.

Technically, I'm fine now. Though this was an unwanted surprise. I haven't been working with 3CX in production environment for very long. Is this common?

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi jrjohnson,

I am glad to hear that you custom voice mail greeting files appear on the dropdown menu. We have not come across this issue before. Please note that we tried to replicate this issue and we cannot reproduce it.
    Also check your inbox. I have sent you a p.m.

5. Jason Buffa

I can second this issue. I upgraded and all voicemail prompts are set to the default.

6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yup same here. Upgraded through the console yesterday and today the user reported all voicemails were back to defaults.
    Went through the extensions one by one to select the greetings from the drop down in the voicemail tab. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

I can confirm this issue as well, although the site upgraded automatically (Linux install).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. phil@lgmanor.com

Another here for confirmation - happened on 2 different installations (Windows Version)

9. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

.... Seems strange that you weren't able to replicate the issue, seems to be common !

10. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi All,

We tried to replicate in different scenarios this issue and we cannot reproduce it trying every combination we could think of. Finally, can anyone check if the SP4 backup contained the following entries in the greedings.xml file?

Please see the following screenshots.

What must be included in the greetings.xml file.
    [​IMG]

What you have in your greetings.xml file.
    [​IMG]

This looks like the VMail greeting was not selected at the time you took the backup on the SP4 system.

11. cim1

I can confirm that this just happened to us.
    We did an upgrade and all of the extensions reset back to the DEFAULT generic voicemail greeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.