V15 - Testing installation on a new server.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kforfa, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kforfa

We are currently using V12.5 on a physical Windows server. We want to test V15 on a separate server and then use the test server as our new production server. What are the best practices? Should I get a trial of V15 to test (we have Polycom phones) and then upgrade the test to production? I'm concerned about posts indicating issues with the MAC and licensing.

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yes test with a trial licence. Once you're ready to migrate uninstall your v15 and reinstall with your backup from 12.5. To keep things simple I'd use a 3cx FQDN.
    The whole MAC / Licensing thing is hit or miss, depends how often you've activated it. Worse case scenario you end up on a free version for a few hours while waiting for 3cx to reset it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kforfa

Thank for the reply. We have our own SSL cert for use with the FQDN. I really wanted to test with our current backup of 12.5 but from what I am reading, it looks like that process would tie up our existing license. Am I correct?

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

You should be able to back it up without the licence and FQDN, and then restore that in your test v15 with another FQDN and the trial licence.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. kforfa

OK...thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.