v15 unable to connect to Management Console

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 9009, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9009

After installing Windows update today, I can no-longer connect to "company name.3cx.us:5001". I get the message: Unable to connect. "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at company name.3cx.us:5001"

The phones are working, but I can't connect to the server.

I have tried different browsers and get the same problem.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. 9009

I always accessed the Management Console by clicking on the Management Console icon on my desktop. After updating Windows today I can't access it anymore, I get the above indicated message.

I tried your suggestion to access it remotely, but I get a timeout message.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Which version of Windows are you using, and which update(s) did you apply?

5. 9009

Windows 10 Home. It was the latest update, I think it was 1607?

6. agp

agp 3CX Team

Can you confirm that all the 3CX services are running?

7. 9009

The 3CX Softphone shows not connected, it says server unreachable. All other services are working, except that I can't connect to the Management Console as described above.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try connecting to it by using the local ip address of the PBX.
    For example http://192.168.x.x:5000
    Does it connect this way?

9. 9009

NO. Unable to connect. "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.x.xx:5000.

10. 9009

I upgraded our Windows 10 Home to Pro and now when I click on the Management Console icon on my desktop, I get: 504 Gateway Time-out.

11. 9009

Please help.

We fixed this problem by reinstalling the 3CX v15. After the reinstall and configuration everything was working until we got another Windows update ("Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based system (KB3194496)").

After the new update I clicked on the Management Console icon on my desktop it took awhile loading the login screen and when I entered our login credentials I got this message: "3CX Management Console is not responding.... clear your browser Cache."

I cleared the browser's cache and now when I click on the Management Console icon on the desktop I get this: "504 Gateway Time-out".

When I try to connect using local ip (https://192.168.x.x:5000) this is what I get: Secure connection Failed. An error occurred during a connection to 192.158.x.x:5000. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

- The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

- Please contact the website owner to inform them of this problem.

We are using v15 on Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you for all the help I can get.

12. Sopock

Sopock Member

ssl_error_rx_record_too_long

Like in this topic you should use port 5001. Access over http to 5001 will also result in similar error... :!:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. 9009

That link didn't help. I did a reinstall for one last time, if I get the same problem with another Windows update, then I will forget about 3CX.

At this point I am unable to connect remotely, using my FQDN.3cx.us:5001, or Staticip.3cx.us:5001 give me this message:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at CompanyName.3cx.us:5001.

-The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    -If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    -If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

14. toniog

Hi unfortunately I am having the exact same problem as soon as windows get updated the management console does not work anymore but the phones are ok. Unfortunately since there is no way of stopping windows to update this is being a huge nuisence has anyone been able to fix this yet? Thanks!

15. groupe14

Hi,

Glad to see i'm not the only one.
    Everything was good until yesterday a few days when i couldn't log anymore.

I've tried HTTPS and HTTP as well as using 3cx FQDN, Local ip, etc. The error is still the same : Connection failed.

My 3CX V15 is also on Windows 10.

Any advice would be good, thanks.

16. 9009

For some reason every time I install a Windows update, the Management Console crashes. So, when it crashes, it needs to be restarted to work.

On the lower left corner of the computer screen, click on Cortana and type "Services", then click on Services at the top, after that services box will open, in that box the 5th item from the top is 3CX Management Console, Right Click on it and then Click Start.

By doing this the Management Console will Run again and you can click on the Management Console on your desktop and login.

17. groupe14

That trick did it.

In fact, i had to restart the 3CX PhoneSystem Nginx Server AND the 3CX PhoneSystem 01 Management Console service.

Thank you very much 9009 !

It doesn't solve the problem however. Just temporary fix it.
    I can't imagine telling my clients to start fiddling in Windows Services...

18. viperrwk

I am having the same issue here except with Windows 7 Pro. I get a connection refused error message even though I can ping companyname.3cx.us:5001 which resolves to my local host. I have checked services and the management console is running. I do not want to reinstall the server to fix this problem - hopefully there is a simpler and better solution here.

viperrwk

19. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @viperrwk

What version of the PBX are using? What if you use the local IP address of the PBX? Does that work?
    Also are using https when you use port 5001?

20. viperrwk

V15. Can't tell you what updates are installed because I can't get into the management console. Local IP address does not work. And yes, using port 5001, which is open and working on my router.

viperrwk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.