• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V15 upgrade conferencing not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanketgroup

Free User
Reaction score
Hello
we just upgraded to v15 and clients are also now upgraded to v15.

Problem is with conference call.
In V14, user was easily able make conference call to third party by clicking on Line 2 button and then pressing "Conference" button. When they press Line 2 button, Line1 call was automatically going on Hold.

Where as in v15, whenever user press "conference" button some other things appear saying "No conference.Press + button to start conference". Not only that but Line1 user on other side hears message "Please enter conference id.."

Pls let me know how do i make legacy conference call in windows client same as v14.

Thanx

awaiting for help and solution or shall i post in general forum?

Hi there,

Just tried to replicate your issue with no success, when i click line 2 then line 1 goes on hold. Then i call another extension on line 2 and press conf. in both lines to add them to the conf.
Or while am still on line 1 press conf. At that point i am in a conference call with the person on line 1. I can then go back to dialpad press line 2, call an extension an once it answers press conf. again to put that extension into the conference.

you mean to say it works well with you?

are you sure are on v15?

see attached video. I dialed out from Line 1, then clicked on Line 2 which put line 1 on hold.
Then dialed out from Line 2.
Till here everything is good.
But see video, as soon as i click on conference call it ask for new conference room, and Line 2 says Please enter conference ID.

Attachments

• 2016-10-04_15-05-41.rar
    797.1 KB · Views: 18
Hi YiannisH
pls help to resolve.

Thanx

Hi there,

Yes mine works and yes i am on v15 :)

I can see your problem on the video but i can not replicate it.
Can you send a screenshot with your settings for audio conferencing?
Also if you schedule a conference does it work? can users join the conference?

Try this:
Call an extension and press conference. does it work with one person?
If it works then press line 2 call someone else and try pressing conference again.
Does it work this way?

Where do i set Audio conference settings?
Screen shall never appear for conference. It shall be straight and simple on fly conference.

I tried as you said:
Call an extension and press conference.
It does not work with one person.
That one person hears - "please enter conference ID"
and I also hear same message.
On dial screen, it atomically shows 799**615 - do not know why pressing conference button automatically dials 799**615
see screenshot attached.

This is happening to all windows clients on my 3cx.
I created fresh new extension but even that has same problem.

Really in big problem as we badly need conference option to work well.

Attachments

• 2016-10-07_13-43-47.jpg
    2016-10-07_13-43-47.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 459
Go to settings>> Conferencing>>Audio tab.
Send a screenshot from that, block out the number if you have conferencing number there. Or send me the screenshot in a PM

Here is the screenshot.
btw i tried to delete 799 from this field, but it says some valid number needs to entered. cannot keep blank.

Attachments

• 2016-10-07_14-29-47.jpg
    2016-10-07_14-29-47.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 454
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.