Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v15 Upgrade testing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ayachem, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayachem

I have setup a new server and installed v15 for testing. I want to import the settings from our current v12.5 backup.

I have tried a couple different time now, but I keep getting an error when running the import with the PbxConfigTool.exe

Here is the error:

_____ _______ __
    |__ // ____/ |/ /
    /_ </ / | /
    ___/ / /___ / |
    /____/\____//_/|_|

Welcome to 3CX PBX Configuration Tool
    Help https://www.3cx.com

Press ESC to go back. Useful to change or edit some options.

Do you want to create a new install of 3CX Phone System or you have a 3CX Backup
    you wish to restore?
    (1) Create new install of 3CX Phone System
    (2) Restore an existing backup configuration
    Enter option: 2

Enter the full path including backup file name where you have your backup stored
    and press ENTER:
    Backup path: C:\3CX\Backups\Backup-v12.5.zip

Using license from backup: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (removed)

Setup error:
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> PostInstall.Externa
    lIpReceivingException: Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (Forb
    idden). ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not
    indicate success: 403 (Forbidden).
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
    ification(Task task)
    at PostInstall.ErpService.<StartExternalIpRequestInternal>d__17.MoveNext()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotifica
    tion)
    at PbxConfigTool.IpSelectRequest.GetMessage(SetupSettings settings)
    at PbxConfigTool.OptionsRequest`1.RequestData(IConsoleWrapper console, SetupS
    ettings settings)
    at PbxConfigTool.MenuTree.GetInstallationSettings(MenuNode rootMenuNode, Setu
    pSettings setupSettings)
    at PbxConfigTool.Program.Main(String[] args)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) PostInstall.ExternalIpReceivingException: Response sta
    tus code does not indicate success: 403 (Forbidden). ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRe
    questException: Response status code does not indicate success: 403 (Forbidden).

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNot
    ification(Task task)
    at PostInstall.ErpService.<StartExternalIpRequestInternal>d__17.MoveNext()<--
    -

I have tried running as administrator, running as a known user, and moving the backup file into the PBXWizard folder. No change.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Michelle

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Is windows on your machine up to date with all updates, most importantly .NET updates?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ayachem

Hello,

You were right! This was a fresh install of a server VM and the time zone was wrong, which was preventing some of our windows updates from being able to download.

Once I got it up to date, the install and config restore proceeded without error.

Thank you!

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Its important than machine/server need to always be updated...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.