v15 Windows client conference not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sanketgroup, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanketgroup

Hello
    we just upgraded to 3cx to v15 from v14 and windows clients are also now upgraded to v15.

We are having big problem with conference call in windows client.
    In V14, user was easily able make conference call to third party by clicking on Line 2 button and then pressing "Conference" button. When they press Line 2 button, Line1 call was automatically going on Hold, and then user dials out on line 2 and then press conference button.

Where as in v15, whenever user press "conference" button some other things appear saying "No conference.Press + button to start conference". Not only that but Line1 user on other side hears message "Please enter conference id...."
    Attached is video of screen record.

Pls let me know how do i make legacy conference call in windows client same as v14.

Thanx

Attached Files:

2. sanketgroup

can someone help me.
    I am really in big trouble.
    thanx

3. sanketgroup

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    I'm not involved in Windows client development and I don't have one next to me to test it (I'm at home) but my question is: are you sure your V15 client is connected to a V15 (and NOT V14) PBX? This is extremely important, since the conference handling protocol is different in V15 PBX than in V14.
    However, I will try tomorrow and I will keep you informed. Looking forward to your answer.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sanketgroup

yes it is sure. both are v15.

someone reported to me that they do no have same issue what i showed in video (posted in 1st post)
    But in my case problem is there as seen in video.

Not able to do conference and my business is suffering after upgrading.

v14 did not have this issue.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, thanks for info, I will check tomorrow and then I will tell you.
    REgards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    I tried this on several machines/V15 PBXs and I wasn't able to reproduce it. I notified our tech support so when I have some feedback I will tell you. However:

in the case you described, the Conference button should perform a private conference, which is the simplest one. So please try the following tests (they are not related)

test 1
    - open line 1 and there make a call to 700**your_extension (this "opens" your private conference room) Once established, go in the View Conferences and check if "My Private Conference" is listed there (it should)

test 2:
    - open line 1 and call somebody (may be even a DR like 999). Once established, click the Conference button and see if you're redirected to the View Conferences and "My private conference" is listed there (it should).

test 3:
    - open line 1 and call somebody (say PART_1); once established, click the transfer button and transfer to 700**your_extension - this should create a private conference between you and PART_1 and you should see it in View Conferences. Open line 2 and call somebody (say PART_2); once established, again, click the transfer button and transfer to 700**your_extension - this should join PART_2 to your and PART_1 private conference and you should see it in the View Conferences.

Tell us if these tests works as expected, it will be a useful hint.
    Regards

8. reda

I can confirm the problem.
    We update form version 12 to 15 and we have the same issue.

I've tried test1 as proposed and the conference cannot be started.
    I don't see any conference under "My Private Conference" and a voice inform about the "invalid pin number".

Also if I call a number and want to start a conference it ask for an id number, after that the conference is created (still not visible under "My Private Conference") but the other caller will never be taken in.

There is any log we can provide for help?

thanks for a solution

9. sanketgroup

Test 1:
    in my care conference number is 799. And 700 is assigned to some actual physical extension.
    So dialing 700**my_extension would not work.
    But i assumed 700 means conference room number, and dialed 799**my_extension.
    Result is same as i said before: It play message "Please enter your conference ID....."
    And conference button in 3cx client goes disabled.

Test 2:
    Called from Line1 and call established, as soon as i press conference button it goes to same message "Please enter conference ID....". It goes to Conference view button all i see there is just "No conference. Press (+) button to start a conference " . >>>> i have posted video of this case in my first post here.

Test 3:
    Call established via Line 1, if i press Transfer, other side received hears hold music.
    Then i dial 799**my_extension and i hear same message (Please enter conference ID) and when i press transfer button again, other side received starts hearing same message (Please enter conference ID)

I formatted my entire windows OS, reinstalled new v15 and restored backup of my original v14.
    But issue remains same.

10. sanketgroup

yes, i identified issue and bug.

In my setup, from very beginning i had assigned ext 700 to physical ip phone.
    and conference number is set to 799.
    This was working well in v11, v12, v12.5 ,v14.

But not in v15.
    I temporarily deleted ext 700 in my system, and changed conference room number for audio to 700.
    Everything works well.
    But in my case i cannot delete ext 700 permanently.
    I guess now it is easy for 3cx to resolve the issue since i identified the problem.

Thanx

11. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Thanks for additional info, it was helpful. This is the answer from tech support:

in V15, in case you change the PBX's conference number, you have to RESTART (ie exit and start again) the 3CXPhone for Windows client, re-register it is not enough.

So, I think you may put back your old configuration (700 as extension and 799 as conference) and give it a try.
    Please let us know.
    Thanks
    vali

12. sanketgroup

Hi Vali
    I never changed PBX's conference number. It was there (799) since v11 in my case.
    Since v11, Every upgrade and restore worked well till now.

Only v15 has created issue. I restored my backup from v14 while upgrading server to v15.
    Server and clients have been restarted so many times since i installed v15.
    So exist and restart of client phone is not a solution.
    again, PBX's conference number 799 was already there (from backup restore) when v15 installed.

13. reda

Hi that was also my problem, we changed to new extension number 800.
    If I move back to 700 everything works fine.

14. reda

HI sanketgroup,
    try to set back to 700 apply the changes and than switch back to 799.
    It was working for me.
    I think the backup restore didn't set all the necessary settings

15. sanketgroup

yes, it is working well.
    3cx should look into that and resolve this bug.
    We suffered for 25 days.

One more issue:
    Lets say Line1 is established, and we press conference button, line 1 receiver hear "hold music" just for 0.3 sec.
    I thin it plays very sort message because it is dialing out 700**my extension. And as soon as it connects to room, it opens the connection back to line 1 which stops the hold music.

Actually it should play hold music for line 1 because pressing conference button generally puts line 1 on hold and puts receiver in conference room.
    And Now when i dial out from Line 2 (while conference room is established), Line 1 receiver does not hear "hold music"

Steps are:

1. Line 1 Established - both party can hear each other
    2. Press conference button - both party hear "hold music" for 0.3 sec and client automatically dials 700**ext
    3. Automatically - after 0.3 sec both party are in room and can hear each other voice
    (generally they should be on hold)
    4. Press Line 2 button - immediately Line 1 receiver cannot hear me and he goes blank - No hold voice and no my voice
    5. Dial number from Line 2 - I dial third party number from Line 2, call established and i talk to Line 2 receiver.
    (since i am talking to Line 2 receiver, Line 1 receiver shall hear "hold music", but in v15 he does not hear, just blank voice)
    6. I press conference button again - everyone is connected

But issue is with hold music

16. sanketgroup

any update on hold music issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.